REVIEW - Reasonably priced MSFS Tutorial/User Guide

A forum specifically to discuss the latest and greatest of all flight simulators

REVIEW - Reasonably priced MSFS Tutorial/User Guide

Postby ZK-DWF » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:49 pm

If anyone is looking for a good tutorial/user guide for flying MSFS 2020, and doesn't want to spend the earth, I can highly recommend A Guide to Flight Simulator - Extended Edition from SoFly.

It can be bought and downloaded in PDF format from https://sofly.io/a-guide-to-flight-simulator-extended-edition/ or the FlightSim store https://store.flightsim.com/
I bought my copy from Flightsim store for about NZD$40 in August 2021. At the moment, updates are free (of which they release every Sim Update).

Latest update is about 430 pages long, in full colour.

There are tutorials on G1000, IFR, Airbus Neo, Daher TBM 930, Icon A5 (tutorial is actually set in NZ), Top Rudder Solo 103, PMDG DC6 and the Junkers JU52. Plus, how to get the most out of the World Map.
Stacks of information on a lot of airports, and summaries of all aircraft.

There is also Change Logs for every sim and world update.

On PC, the guide can be integrated into MSFS itself.

The publishers are very receptive to feedback, and I have provided plenty of typo fixes to them, which they have fixed promptly for the next release.
ZK-DWF
Forum Addict

Topic author

Re: REVIEW - Reasonably priced MSFS Tutorial/User Guide

Postby Aharon » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:21 am

Does the book explain how to do modifications to the settings of MS2020 such as cloud volume or increasing/decreasing water details and so on??

Regards,

Aharon
Aharon

Postby cowpatz » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:44 am

Aharon wrote:Does the book explain how to do modifications to the settings of MS2020 such as cloud volume or increasing/decreasing water details and so on??

Regards,

Aharon

Aharon, have you made the jump from FSX?
cowpatz
NZFF Pro

Postby ZK-DWF » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:03 am

They just briefly cover the weather setup, but they are adding sections as they go along.

Like here's a section on Snow ...

ZK-DWF
Forum Addict

Topic author

Return to All Flight Simulators