X-plane 11 demo

A single forum dedicated to all other non Microsoft flight simulation games

X-plane 11 demo

Postby toprob » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:40 pm

This is worth a crack, my initial reaction was the same as most XP demos, but with a bit of tweaking 11 really could work. Gone are the 'bezier' mountains, and the ground detail is simply sumptuous. Someone today mentioned the non-flat runways, which was the first thing I noticed -- an instant improvement in realism over FSX/P3D. I always thought that night lighting in XP was a bit of a crock -- but then again I don't fly at night, with my eyesight... In XP11, it really works well, which appeals to me because I found it impossible to get my idea of city lights into Real NZ Dunedin without halving the frame rates. So I had to leave it out until this is sorted somehow, it is certainly sorted in XP...

Sure, a lot of aspects are still too computery for me, such as the clouds and sky, but all those things can be improved upon, no doubt. Aircraft interiors need a bit more scruff and decay... I don't think I've ever seen a great XP airport, I hope that's because I haven't looked hard enough, so I have no idea what sort of scenery I could do, if any. Still, seems like a heap of potential.

And of course there's the UI, which is a LOT easier. More like FSX, but brought into the 21st century.

If I have a few bucks to spare -- unlikely a the moment -- I might just buy it, and give it a proper trial run as a development platform....
toprob
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: X-plane 11 demo

Postby Ian Warren » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:49 pm

I have seen the previous X-10 .. it is very dated looking and the interface is a .. very time consuming .. the aircraft are so dated looking FS-98/2000 almost.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby NZ255 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:18 pm

Have you found a settings page Rob?

I've got pretty bad performance and need to turn some sliders down
NZ255
NZFF Pro

Postby toprob » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:27 pm

Settings is the little 'slider'-like icon top right, when you move your cursor up there.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Ian Warren » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:38 pm

Perhaps the only aircraft really interesting would be the PMDG DC-6, one new aircraft and one new program ... I'll put a hold on that and stay were I am with P3D .
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Return to Other Flight Simulator Games