DCS Madness

A single forum dedicated to all other non Microsoft flight simulation games

DCS Madness

Postby SUBS17 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:32 am

Some fun with the Mig21 although the A/A gun sight is not working properly the A/G straffing works ok and the gun pods with twin 23mm is also fun so add another pod that 4x23mm cannons vs tgt.

:rockon:
SUBS17

Topic author

Re: DCS Madness

Postby SUBS17 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:36 am

SU27 crash landing with no brake chute.

F-15 mishap loss of hydraulics because of hit by Mig29 cannon so no speed brake lol. :D
SUBS17

Topic author

Postby Ian Warren » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:59 am

:lol: What ya do to the 52 ... :D ...... like were you ended up :huh:
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby SUBS17 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:45 pm

That's not me on the B52, that's the B52 pilot lol. :D
SUBS17

Topic author

Postby Ian Warren » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:32 pm

Just go to show ya he dose not look after plane .. in really needs a Buffing up :rolleyes:
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby cezeta » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:00 am

Nice pics SUBS.

I read the good news about the Fishbed? A brilliant future :thumbup:
cezeta

Postby SUBS17 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:21 pm

Weee the SU25 bails out after getting shot down!

What its like to use the Mig21 radar!

So basically the radar uses an old style cathode ray tube where you detect the line and have to line up the line to the centre because the radar does not swivel left to right so no TMS left right lol. Then you push lock once its in centre and if red light comes on then you are to close to the tgt so you have to back away to launch the missile.
SUBS17

Topic author

Postby Ian Warren » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:25 pm

That 21 cockpit looks smooth .... old style but the 86 taking out 25 .. I can almost hear the Rusky lingo from here :givein:
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby SeanTK » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:48 pm

Also, the radar is cooled by vodka....I mean alcohol (I guess it could be vodka). Can't use it if you run it constantly for over 20-25 minutes. This whole concept is kind of funny to me....
SeanTK

Postby Ian Warren » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:04 pm

Liquid cooled computers of the 1950s .. :P Alcohol has been used by the Russians to warm up and Alcohol has been used by the Russians to cool down .. come to think .. they even have it as a breakfast drink :blink:
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby SUBS17 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:28 pm

Ian Warren wrote:That 21 cockpit looks smooth .... old style but the 86 taking out 25 .. I can almost hear the Rusky lingo from here :givein:

The F-86 is a challenge to dogfight since it has an early style radar so it only gives lead/distance automatically but is prone to ground clutter the other thing is the gun blinds the pilot when you fire the guns since there are 6 of them right in front of the pit. Su25s are a good adversary for the F-86 the AI is often in climbs building up energy and will pop the speed brake to force an overshoot in some situations which is interesting if you wind up in front because the SU25 carries 30mm cannons. The Mig21 pit is excellent although it is difficult since everything is in cyrilic.
SUBS17

Topic author

Postby SUBS17 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:37 pm

SeanTK wrote:Also, the radar is cooled by vodka....I mean alcohol (I guess it could be vodka). Can't use it if you run it constantly for over 20-25 minutes. This whole concept is kind of funny to me....

Its old style which is a good learning experience since we often take for granted modern radars on jets like the F-16 and F-15 but the Mig21 also is yet to have jamming effects as far as I've seen modeled since the B52 should be able to jam it from a good distance and cause radar problems. Things I find fun is having to be below the tgt aircraft for radar intercept due to there being no look down/shoot down capability still waiting for the A/A dogfight guns mode to be modeled the cannon pods are fun though.

Heres todays mission using the Russian equivalent of JATO with the Fishbed SPRD pods

SUBS17

Topic author

Postby SUBS17 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:39 pm

Pods away over the Sea.

Awesomely modeled the Mig21 lots of stuff to learn to keep me buisy for months. :rockon:
SUBS17

Topic author

Postby cezeta » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:28 am

A golden era for simmers is coming!
AH-1, Mi-24P, F-14.. the MiG-21 is only the first!
:groupwave:
cezeta

Postby Ian Warren » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:01 am

SUBS17 wrote:Su25s are a good adversary for the F-86 the AI is often in climbs building up energy and will pop the speed brake to force an overshoot in some situations which is interesting if you wind up in front because the SU25 carries 30mm cannons

I have a great photo here off a F-86 tail after a Mig-15 hit it with its 23mm cannon, looking at the damage lucky it was not the 17s 37mm ... those Russians loved their cannons ! ..... course their VODKA
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby SUBS17 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:20 am

DCS World 1.2.15 and MiG-15bis
Both DCS World 1.2.15 and DCS: MiG-15bis are now available.

You can download DCS World 1.2.15 using the automatic updater or download the installer files here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co...rld/dcs_world/

DCS: MiG-15bis can be purchased from: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/

DCS: MiG-15bis product page: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co...ucts/mig15bis/

We also have a series of videos to help you get started with the MiG-15bis here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...LZpw-f-OTGOknR

DCS World 2
We are nearing a point where DCS World 2 will be available for a public, alpha release. The primary work remains with sorting out some issues with the unified .exe (no longer will the front end and simulation end operate as two separate exe). We have also been using this time to give mission builders better control of AI weapon jettison, afterburner use, and restrictions of when they can attack air and ground targets. Now that the 1.2.15 update is released, the team will be focused on final testing and preparing DCS World 2 (and the NTTR map) for its debut.

DCS: Nevada Test and Training Map
The actual art construction (elevation mesh and textures) of this map is more-or-less done with the remaining work being performance optimization and getting the AI units to operate within the map correctly (such as airfield taxi operations). As with DCS World 2, once 1.2.15 is released, this map will be the focus of testing to get it ready for its alpha, public release.
In parallel with the new map, Red Flag campaigns for the F-15C and A-10C are in active development.

DCS: L-39 Albatros
The next aircraft to be released by Eagle Dynamics will be the L-39C and the L-39ZA. Both aircraft are in a later stage of development with most of the work now focused on the various cockpit systems and flight dynamics. This will be a fully-realized module with mouse-interactive cockpit and professional flight model. Although it will not be available at launch, two-players in the same aircraft is planned for the L-39. We see this as an important feature, not just for the L-39, but other current and future DCS modules.

DCS: P-47D Thunderbolt
The next World War II aircraft for DCS World will be the Thunderbolt. As you can see by the images in this newsletter, the cockpit is quite far along and overall project status is moving along nicely. Once the Bf 109 K-4 is out of beta (good progress as you can see in the 1.2.15 preliminary change log), progress on this module will further accelerate.

DCS: Spitfire IX
Following the Thunderbolt, the next of our World War II aircraft will be the glorious Spitfire IX. While not as far along as the Thunderbolt, aspects of it are underway as evidenced by the early cockpit renders seen in this newsletter.

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet
No, it’s not a myth. Work on the Hornet continues with great progress on the air-to-surface radar. The real beam mapping mode is just about done, and once complete, the team will start work on the various sub-modes. This has been a critical new technology that had to be developed from scratch for this project.
Included in this newsletter is the current status of the 6 DOF cockpit. It is still very much a work-in-progress but project development is now accelerating.

Hawk for DCS World
We are working closely with VEAO Simulations on preparing the Hawk for sale on the DCS e-shop. There have been a few remaining bugs that need to be resolved, but once complete, the module will be available from the DCS e-shop. In the meantime, you can download the VEAO installer here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...42&postcount=1

Latest news from ED, EDGE is next sweet. :clap:
SUBS17

Topic author

Postby SUBS17 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:25 am

Ian Warren wrote:
SUBS17 wrote:Su25s are a good adversary for the F-86 the AI is often in climbs building up energy and will pop the speed brake to force an overshoot in some situations which is interesting if you wind up in front because the SU25 carries 30mm cannons

I have a great photo here off a F-86 tail after a Mig-15 hit it with its 23mm cannon, looking at the damage lucky it was not the 17s 37mm ... those Russians loved their cannons ! ..... course their VODKA

The Russian guns are quite awesome particularly the Mig21s 23mm the only hassel is the concept of having to load by pushing a button for 3 magazines compared to western jets single magazine(aside the F-86F which has one mag for each of its 6x .50s) the SU27s also have a good gun which is brilliant for both straffing and A/A. :plane:
SUBS17

Topic author

Postby Ian Warren » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:35 am

I notice the DCS group has released there Mig15 , I'm guessing we will see you driving one with the 37 in hand shortly B-)
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby SUBS17 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:45 am

Ian Warren wrote:I notice the DCS group has released there Mig15 , I'm guessing we will see you driving one with the 37 in hand shortly B-)

At some point I'll get it, the Mig15 is quite awesome in armament and power etc over the F-86F when vs the AI Mig15 the Mig usually wins due to the AIs better maneuverability and rate of climb. I usually fly the F-86F vs SU25s because they are more manageable than getting owned by the Mig15 and its very challenging using the sight because of the pipper etc. :wink2:

SUBS17

Topic author

Postby Ian Warren » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:00 pm

I do like that little Mig15 video .. Its dose look a great sim for shoot em ups and with the aircraft to go with B-)
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Next

Return to Other Flight Simulator Games