Scenery/Topo Help

Formerly Red Baron Entertainment's official support forum

Postby ScottyB » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:49 am

Hi guys,

I have ordered the 20m mesh from Christian and he team, but he said it will take two weeks to get here! So I'm having to make-do with my current setup. I have the 75m mesh and also the payware topo (Roads and Rivers of NZ), but I am having some difficulties.

Wherever I go that has coastlines/shores, there is a line that appears to be shoreline of the old landclass or something. This line basically cuts all over my scenery (it goes over mountains, in the middle of the sea etc). How do I get rid of this?

Also, what priorities do I give to to my sceneries (ie: Mesh, topo, addon airports, static objects etc)

Regards,
Scott
ScottyB
Sim-holic

Topic author

Postby mfraser » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:30 am

Hi there Scott - I presume this is for FS9??

Did you install the mesh from an .exe or manually by copying the mesh files across?? The reason I ask - and I assume that its the same for the 75m mesh - is that if you copy the 20m mesh .bgl files to a new location you'll get the same problem you've described. There are a number of default files that the installer renames which eliminates this behaviour. The scenery priority you described above also works for me - mesh being the lowest. There is a list of the files that the installer modifies floating about somewhere which I could probably find for you if you want.............

Mat
mfraser
Sim-holic

Postby ScottyB » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:42 am

Yes this is FS9 smile.gif

I think you may be confused...

I had the 75 mesh installed, no problems. I then bought Roads and Rivers of NZ (Topo) and installed it via the .exe. Now I go to fly in a place such as Milford Sound, and there are continuous lines of the old coastline.

Cheers
ScottyB
Sim-holic

Topic author

Postby mfraser » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:58 pm

ScottyB wrote:
QUOTE (ScottyB @ Dec 10 2010, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you may be confused...

Yes........... old age has a tendancy to do that!! Plus its been a long week at work!! You're correct though, its the roads and rivers addon creating the problem (What used to be called the old Geographx Topographic scenery if I remember correctly).......... but its the same story. If you ran the installer it should've modified the necessary scenery files for you - but for whatever reason it hasn't in this case!!

This fix I'm talking about was discussed HERE - and there's also a picture of what you're describing. The advice was to try a reinstall in the first instance - and if that doesn't work follow the link to the Red Baron support page. Sadly the link Christian provided is now dead - and there seems to be no support information on the Sim Pilot Experience page......... no matter......... just bear with me while I find the list of files (Its buried on my PC somewhere) and I'll put them in a separate post shortly.........

Mat
Last edited by mfraser on Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mfraser
Sim-holic

Postby mfraser » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:25 pm

For some reason, installing the Red Baron Roads and Rivers addon (Formerly known as the Geographx Topographic Scenery addon) sometimes leaves portions of the default MS scenery installed, which results in a 'doubling-up' of roads, rivers and coastlines.

To fix this, you just need to remove the scenery files listed in the text document attached to this post. The fix is easy and won't damage your FS9 installation, however please do not hold me responsible for any undesirable results! blink.gif

Regards,
Mat
Last edited by mfraser on Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
mfraser
Sim-holic

Return to Sim Pilot Experience Support