Red Baron TOPO

Formerly Red Baron Entertainment's official support forum

Postby DAJ » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:03 pm

I have just upgraded to windows 7 from vista. I have reloaded from the CD the Geographx "New Zealand Scenery". I am not sure if I have taken the steps in the right order. I can't remember whether the Redbaron shows up in the list displayed in FSX Settings - Scenery library. Actually listed by name or is it included in the name ADD ON. Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks
DAJ

Topic author

Postby creator2003 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:01 am

It will clearly be in its own folders and they need activating "added" in the scenery library manger in fsx setting ,im pretty sure it installs itself to the addon scenery library folder but its in its own file folders in there that need to be added
hope this helps
creator2003
NZFF Pro

Postby DAJ » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:58 pm

DAJ wrote:
QUOTE (DAJ @ Sep 1 2010, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have just upgraded to windows 7 from vista. I have reloaded from the CD the Geographx "New Zealand Scenery". I am not sure if I have taken the steps in the right order. I can't remember whether the Redbaron shows up in the list displayed in FSX Settings - Scenery library. Actually listed by name or is it included in the name ADD ON. Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks

I kept getting "scenery .cfg file error, INVALID REMOTE Scenery path in scenery area 115 (which is the Addon Scenery entry in the scenery library).
I had my FSX loaded on a different drive to the C drive which has Windows. I don't know whether it makes a difference but I uninstalled FSX from the F drive and reinstalled it on the C drive then followed the Geographx instructions. No more error messages the "Red Baron scenery and Topo files appeared within the Addon Scenery entry in the scenery library list. Maybe it is installed maybe it isn't. How can you really tell? Other addon scenery such as mega scenery earth adds a new entry into the library list.
DAJ

Topic author

Postby Christian » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:42 am

DAJ wrote:
QUOTE (DAJ @ Sep 10 2010, 06:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I kept getting "scenery .cfg file error, INVALID REMOTE Scenery path in scenery area 115 (which is the Addon Scenery entry in the scenery library).
I had my FSX loaded on a different drive to the C drive which has Windows. I don't know whether it makes a difference but I uninstalled FSX from the F drive and reinstalled it on the C drive then followed the Geographx instructions. No more error messages the "Red Baron scenery and Topo files appeared within the Addon Scenery entry in the scenery library list. Maybe it is installed maybe it isn't. How can you really tell? Other addon scenery such as mega scenery earth adds a new entry into the library list.

Looks like your scenery.cfg was corrupt, but after you re-install everything should be fine.
Breathtakingly gorgeous FS landscapes for New Zealand.
Visit Sim Pilot Experience now:
http://www.simpilotexperience.com
Follow me on twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/ChristianStock
Christian
Forum Addict

Postby DAJ » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:05 pm

Christian wrote:
QUOTE (Christian @ Sep 9 2010, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like your scenery.cfg was corrupt, but after you re-install everything should be fine.

Thanks I will confirm when I have verified that my screen is showing the same detail as the promotion screen shots.
DAJ

Topic author

Postby DAJ » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:57 pm

DAJ wrote:
QUOTE (DAJ @ Sep 9 2010, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks I will confirm when I have verified that my screen is showing the same detail as the promotion screen shots.

I now have a good understanding of where the files are and how to enter their name in the library so that they can be accessed. Also I can also recognize that the Red Baron files are installed by the better display of scenery especially Milford sound which brings me to the next problem. The runway sits on a table top mountain, well I have actually flown a real cessna 172 onto that runway and its not like that. I have installed the FS04 patch but i understand that it dosn't fix that problem. I have put in another post asking for help for that problem.
DAJ

Topic author

Return to Sim Pilot Experience Support