Airstrips

Formerly Red Baron Entertainment's official support forum

Postby Syncop8r » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:33 am

Hi Christian

You have made reference in another thread to a downloadable map on your website showing the location of the 3,500 airstrips in your payware package.
I can't find it, does it still exist?

Cheers
Mark
Syncop8r
Forum Addict

Topic author

Postby dbcunnz » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:00 pm

Syncop8r wrote:
QUOTE (Syncop8r @ Mar 18 2010, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Christian

You have made reference in another thread to a downloadable map on your website showing the location of the 3,500 airstrips in your payware package.
I can't find it, does it still exist?

Cheers
Mark

Hi Mark I have them in 2 zip files one for North Island 1.787KB and one for South Island 1.740KB if you like to send me a message with your email address I will send as an attachment.

Doug
dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Postby Christian » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:26 pm

The pdf files ship with the scenery I believe - at the very least they should be on the combo CD.
Breathtakingly gorgeous FS landscapes for New Zealand.
Visit Sim Pilot Experience now:
http://www.simpilotexperience.com
Follow me on twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/ChristianStock
Christian
Forum Addict

Postby Syncop8r » Wed May 12, 2010 7:56 pm

I couldn't find them anywhere on the CD but I have them now anyway thanks to dbcunnz.

Another question, is it possible to change the colour of these airstrips by replacing a texture file or something?
It would be nice to have them stand out a little more like my airport/airfield sceneries.

I guess it depends whether they are just part of the landscape or whether they are all linked to a certain texture.
If you can understand what I'm trying to say... tongue.gif
Syncop8r
Forum Addict

Topic author

Postby bobby48w » Fri May 14, 2010 3:53 pm

dbcunnz wrote:
QUOTE (dbcunnz @ Mar 18 2010, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Mark I have them in 2 zip files one for North Island 1.787KB and one for South Island 1.740KB if you like to send me a message with your email address I will send as an attachment.

Doug
bobby48w

Postby Christian » Mon May 17, 2010 6:15 pm

Syncop8r wrote:
QUOTE (Syncop8r @ May 17 2010, 07:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I couldn't find them anywhere on the CD but I have them now anyway thanks to dbcunnz.

Another question, is it possible to change the colour of these airstrips by replacing a texture file or something?
It would be nice to have them stand out a little more like my airport/airfield sceneries.

I guess it depends whether they are just part of the landscape or whether they are all linked to a certain texture.
If you can understand what I'm trying to say... tongue.gif

short answer - no. It would be possible, but fair bit of work and it'll screw other things up, so you best leave it like it is...
Follow me on twitter:
Christian
Forum Addict

Postby gojozoom » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:22 am

Hi Chris,

As my question is on the same subject, I wouldn't open a new topic.

My main thing is bush flying (flying hunters, camping equipment, gasoline), and thanks to your Landclass, I have about 3000 backcountry airstrips to choose from drool.gif . Sometimes it's a bit different to find them, but once I found them, I record the co-ordinates and create a "parking-only" AFCAD file for them, so I can load my plane there next time.

Can I ask where did you get the data for those airstrips? I run FS Cargo, I usually fly on VATSIM, and I need names with the locations for both things. I can work it out for some of them (eg: Awaroa airstrip in Abel Tasman), but I'd like to have at least 20-25 choices. Is there any public airstrip list available? I found the bigger aerodromes but nothing about agro-cultural, or private airstrips....

Snowman, the question goes for you as well - as I use your awesome Rural Airstrips package, too. punk.gif
Last edited by gojozoom on Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
gojozoom
Sim-holic

Postby toprob » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:41 am

gojozoom wrote:
QUOTE (gojozoom @ Jun 15 2010, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Chris,

As my question is on the same subject, I wouldn't open a new topic.

My main thing is bush flying (flying hunters, camping equipment, gasoline), and thanks to your Landclass, I have about 3000 backcountry airstrips to choose from drool.gif . Sometimes it's a bit different to find them, but once I found them, I record the co-ordinates and create a "parking-only" AFCAD file for them, so I can load my plane there next time.

Can I ask where did you get the data for those airstrips? I run FS Cargo, I usually fly on VATSIM, and I need names with the locations for both things. I can work it out for some of them (eg: Awaroa airstrip in Abel Tasman), but I'd like to have at least 20-25 choices. Is there any public airstrip list available? I found the bigger aerodromes but nothing about agro-cultural, or private airstrips....

Snowman, the question goes for you as well - as I use your awesome Rural Airstrips package, too. punk.gif

The easiest way to view all the strips -- with names -- is on the Koordinateswebsite. Go to the Transportation/Air and Aviation category, and add the 'NZ Runways and Airstrips'. The strips will show up on the map, and you can just click on them to see the name and coordinates. You can download the data as a Google KMZ file, but I don't think it includes the name, so not as useful as the web map.
Last edited by toprob on Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Wrong forum:)
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby gojozoom » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:03 pm

Wow! clapping.gif Thanks Rob, that's exactly what I was looking for! I'm hardly waiting for planning some VFR today!

Cheers again!
gojozoom
Sim-holic

Postby Christian » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:07 pm

Unfortunately names are hard to get by. Just tried Robin's solution, but it seems to just take a close location, not the actual strip name (only tried Southland, but I do know a few strips there by name and the web sites seems to fail for those).
Follow me on twitter:
Christian
Forum Addict

Return to Sim Pilot Experience Support