Installation Question For FSX NZCH Please

The official REAL NZ support forum

Installation Question For FSX NZCH Please

Postby Aharon » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:46 am

Shalom and greetings Toprob,

Just got FSX version of your Godzone NZCH scenery and I am SUPER psyched!! Thanks a zillion to you and NZFF for this monthly screenshot prize.

One question please before I start installation: Should NZCH scenery be above or below your Godzone Nelson and Dunedin sceneries in the scenery addon list in FSX please??

Regards,

Aharon
Aharon
Sim-holic

Topic author

Re: Installation Question For FSX NZCH Please

Postby toprob » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:05 am

This is just added to the scenery list, which is where it should be. The installer will take care of that.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby Aharon » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:49 am

Toprob,

Thanks for answer. I just finished installing your amazing NZCH scenery and what surprised me is that despite its 2.4 GB file size, the installation was blazing fast and took only few seconds to install the 2.4 GB file size scenery into my laptop!! I guess DDS file format helps speed up the installation.

Just to let you know in case it is important to you that the installation process places NZCH way way way above vlc libraries in the addon scenery list which I think is not correct unless you tell me I am mistaken. So I took liberty of moving NZCH to just below vlc libraries but above Nelson and Dunedin.

Everything works well and the scenery averages impressive 30fps. I did not know there is United States Antarctica hangar in NZCH scenery. I also can see McDonalds in front of the airport!! I can see massive arch too but do not know what massive arch is for. I have not finished exploring NZCH scenery.

Regards.

Aharon
Aharon
Sim-holic

Topic author

Postby toprob » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:06 am

Cheers, Aharon, I'm glad it all went well getting it installed. You don't really need to worry about the priority, as I said, as the libraries will work from any priority.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby Aharon » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:42 am

toprob wrote:Cheers, Aharon, I'm glad it all went well getting it installed. You don't really need to worry about the priority, as I said, as the libraries will work from any priority.

Toprob,

In case you are not aware, I firmly believe that your NZCH scenery addon software at the size file of 2.4 GB set new all time speed record of incredible fastest installation time for any software. I mean I had installed many sceneries at 700GB or 1 GB file size each which was way way more than half of 2.4 GB file size that were 3 times slower at installation speed than your NZCH scenery!!!

Once again, many thanks to you, Charl, and NZFF staff for awarding me NZCH scenery for winning the monthly screenshot contest.

Regards,

Aharon
Aharon
Sim-holic

Topic author

Postby ZK-LGD » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:54 am

Aharon wrote: I can see massive arch too but do not know what massive arch is for.

It's the Christchurch "Welcome Arch" (read about it here: https://contractormag.co.nz/contractor/ ... e-flyover/ ).
Regards,
Dorian
ZK-LGD
Sim-holic

Postby Aharon » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:34 am

zk-gd,

Thanks for awesome explanations and hyperlink .

Regards,

Aharon
Aharon
Sim-holic

Topic author

Return to Godzone 'Real New Zealand' Scenery Support