Christchurch shadows on runway/shadow

The official REAL NZ support forum

Christchurch shadows on runway/shadow

Postby cowpatz » Fri May 08, 2020 9:24 pm

Something I have just noticed is that I don’t have any aircraft shadows cast on the tarmac or runway. When moving onto the grass areas the shadows appear. I have just updated the client only from 4.4 to 4.5 but I can’t say for sure if the same issue existed with 4.4 or not.
Is this a known issue or just peculiar to my set up?
Cheers
cowpatz
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: Christchurch shadows on runway/shadow

Postby toprob » Fri May 08, 2020 9:57 pm

Do have have buildings set to receive shadows? Because of the way they're built -- by out-of-work builders -- I think they behave like buildings.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Re: Christchurch shadows on runway/shadow

Postby cowpatz » Sat May 09, 2020 9:22 am

Ah that did the trick thank you. I have been mucking around with 4.5 and settings etc and the building shadow setting must have been changed....not that I would have connected the two.
It's not something you notice until you notice if you get what I mean. Was it always like that just that I never noticed before?
I must say I am quite happy with my current set up. It looks nice and is performing ok. I just updated to the 4.5 client only as I really didn't want to bother reloading all my add ons.
Is there anything in particular in the Content and Scenery modules that is worth upgrading them for?

Cheers
cowpatz
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Return to Godzone 'Real New Zealand' Scenery Support