Prepar3d v4.4/v4.5 issues with autogen library objects

The official REAL NZ support forum

Prepar3d v4.4/v4.5 issues with autogen library objects

Postby toprob » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:12 pm

The updated Vector LandClass Libraries installer which was included with Real NZ NZCH was designed to remove the need for the Autogen Configuration Merger Tool, which runs every time you run the simulator to merge any custom autogen descriptions. From version 4.4 of Prepar3d, the merger tool was no longer required, and I made the necessary changes to the VLC Libraries to make this work.
However it turns out that Prepar3d's new ability to handle autogen description merging doesn't work for library objects, and the result was all other autogen library objects -- such as those supplied by Orbx -- are now disabled.
My own custom autogen objects are simply a couple of different water tanks, which are used in Real NZ Dunedin, so the simple fix is just to remove my 'default.xml' file from the Vector Landclass Libraries installer -- this is located here:
VectorLandClass\VLC_Libraries\AutogenX
...wherever you installed the VLC Libraries.
You can simply delete the 'default.xml' file in the AutogenX folder, but to be safe maybe just disable it -- I just add a '.off' extension to the filename, so it becomes 'default.xml.off'.
There will be an updated VLC Library installer shortly, but in the meantime you can fix this yourself if you feel confident.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: Prepar3d v4.4/v4.5 issues with autogen library objects

Postby cowpatz » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:21 am

HHmmm. I had trouble finding this folder. It ended up being located at Local Disk (C):/Progr
Is this the default location for this? I installed NZCH to a dedicated P3DV4 add ons folder on a separate drive.
Maybe I scewed up the NZDN installation location. :rolleyes: :wacko:
cowpatz
NZFF Pro

Re: Prepar3d v4.4/v4.5 issues with autogen library objects

Postby toprob » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:29 am

Prior to NZCH, the VLC Libraries installer was a stand-alone installer run during the Real NZ installation, so you needed to choose the install location separately. To make this easier, with NZCH the Libraries will install to the same 'root' folder as NZCH, unless they are already installed, in which case they will just update the current version. So it seems that with Dunedin (or prior?) you let the libraries install to the 'default' location. (Default as defined by Lockheed Martin.)
The Libraries are not large, so you could leave them there, or wait for the coming stand-alone installer and uninstall/reinstall to the proper location. (You need to uninstall to 'reset' the install location.)
toprob
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Return to Godzone 'Real New Zealand' Scenery Support