Possible Real NZ release...

The official REAL NZ support forum

Possible Real NZ release...

Postby toprob » Fri May 12, 2017 3:49 pm

Ok, so Wellington is still happening, but I will need another couple of visits before I can go to the next level, and just can't afford that at the moment. Same with the Coromandel, really, kind of on hold. One possibility is to do a Real NZ final version of the Subscription Alps/Lakes, as that's just up the road from me, compared to the rest of the country.

If it was released as a Real NZ, complete with airports, I may update the photoscenery to use the most recent stuff, since some of it is very nice quality. Some is ok, and some is same-old. Still, if I can do a great Alps scenery, I will. Here's the new imagery:

If it does happen, it'll be free for Subscribers, as promised. Funnily enough, you can still buy a subscription, if you know where to look...

One thing I really want to look at is some sort of conversion for other sims -- X-plane? FSW? Aerofly FS2? Who knows, in a way FS2 would be my choice, as it uses a lot of photoscenery anyway, but wouldn't want to get in Orbx's territory. Speaking of Orbx, I don't plan to do a Real NZ Queenstown, as there's a nice Orbx one. So airports at the moment would be Tekapo, Wanaka, Mt Cook, Pukaki, undecided are Glentanner and Omarama, as I didn't get photos of these on my visit last month.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: Possible Real NZ release...

Postby jpreou » Fri May 12, 2017 4:16 pm

Is there a Rangiora or Ashburton anywhere? (no, I haven't actually looked)
IF I ever get to new my license, likely I'd fly from one of these tow places ... I think ... don't really know my way around ChCh yet (apart from the daily commute to/from CBD-Rolleston)
--
--
Jeff, ChCh, NZ
jpreou
Sim-holic

Postby Sonnyj » Fri May 12, 2017 6:31 pm

Some nice lookin' eye candy there Rob,
Sonnyj
Sim-holic

Postby cowpatz » Fri May 12, 2017 8:14 pm

Looking good Rob. I'm in.
cowpatz
NZFF Pro

Postby AdrianPetford » Sat May 13, 2017 5:40 am

Excellent. One of my favourite of your sceneries to fly in-sim as well as a favourite location in real life. Tekapo would be great for an update particularly.
Adrian Petford
West Midlands, UK

I spend eleven months of the year in the UK and one in NZ. I'm hoping to improve that... ;-)
AdrianPetford
Sim-holic

Postby cowpatz » Sat May 13, 2017 11:37 am

Where is home at the moment Rob?
cowpatz
NZFF Pro

Postby toprob » Sat May 13, 2017 11:59 am

Currently staying with my son and his family in Geraldine. Tekapo's about an hour's drive, if I had a car. I had planned to spend 3 months here, but coming up for six, kinda stuck at the moment. Hoping for part-time work, but nothing so far. Geraldine is a nice place to retire, though, everybody's friendly, and my age or older:) Joined the photography club this week, so becoming a local...
toprob
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby toprob » Sat May 13, 2017 12:05 pm

jpreou wrote:Is there a Rangiora or Ashburton anywhere? (no, I haven't actually looked)
IF I ever get to new my license, likely I'd fly from one of these tow places ... I think ... don't really know my way around ChCh yet (apart from the daily commute to/from CBD-Rolleston)
--

Cheers, Jeff. Maybe Doug has an Ashburton photoscenery in the works, I have done a little airport scenery a long time ago, and I think that there's a town photoscenery by Ian somewhere.
My airport is on the VLC site. Funnily enough, I was doing a P3D update on it this week, just adding some SODE windsocks and fixing the textures which don't work great in Prepar3d. Like most of what I work on these days, it may or may not see the light of day:)

If you ever get to explore South Canty, give me a yell, and we can have coffee in Geraldine.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Return to Godzone 'Real New Zealand' Scenery Support