Estonia Migration Tool and P3D3 W7 RealNZ

The official REAL NZ support forum

Estonia Migration Tool and P3D3 W7 RealNZ

Postby Scupper » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:06 pm

I've been away from P3D for a while and am currently excited about rediscovering it (version 3), especially with the A2A Harvard :clap: . I bough quite a bit of RealNZ scenery ages ago, in pre-subscription times and was very happy with all of it but I'm not sure how much of it I can still use.

I use Orbx NI and SI and have successfully installed Auckland Supercity using the Estonia Migration Tool (EMT) but I know this is a relatively simple addon and that others may cause more problems. I don't want to screw up my nice new scenery files, so I'd love to know if anyone has tried Rob's other RealNZ scenery addons, specifically, Southern Lakes, Rotorua, Tauranga, Marlborough and Wellington.

I note from posts in this forum that one person reported that Tauranga worked well and I think Rob suggested somewhere that elevations might be a bit tricky in (my old version of) Wellington (assuming I have what he calls transitional Wellington) and also Rotorua.

I also have Nelson but that has a P3D installer so that should be fine.

If anybody has experience of this I'd be very interested to hear about it and this thread might give others in the same boat a bit of confidence (or otherwise) to go ahead with it (or not).
Scupper
Forum Addict

Topic author

Re: Estonia Migration Tool and P3D3 W7 RealNZ

Postby Ian Warren » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:37 pm

That would simply plop in and play, I don't use Estonia Migration Tool (EMT), simply the photo real will lay in there without an issue.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby toprob » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:38 pm

Although I've never tried it, I have had good feedback, the only thing I normally recommend is that if the installer gives you the option of turning off the automatic library edit, then you might be better off doing so, and following the instructions for a manual add-to-library.
Be aware that the older scenery did use some older techniques, such as the FS2004 gamepack for conditional objects such as windsocks, so in this case the windsocks won't display.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby Scupper » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:05 pm

Thanks. I can live without windsocks but I want to avoid elevation errors and missing/black textures if poss ^_^ .
Scupper
Forum Addict

Topic author

Return to Godzone 'Real New Zealand' Scenery Support