New Customer :)

The official REAL NZ support forum

Re: New Customer :)

Postby Aharon » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:07 am

ToProb,

Thanks for clarifications and explanations.

I never never never knew there is BIG difference between Vector Land Class and VLC libraries!!!!!

WOW your third screenshot is AMAZING.

If I ask ZK-LGD to send me via his download center the Vector Land Class ground textures for me to install, will it end or violate unllimited tech support agreements of GodZone's technical support for the three NZDN, NZNS, and NZTI sceneries that I bought?

If it does not affect tech support, will I get assistance from you and ZK-LGD on installation of Vector Land Class? I do not know where to put Vector Land Class in list of scenery libraries. Should it be above your sceneries and VLC libraries or below or what? And so on?? I have installed many many many payware airport sceneries past 10 years BUT never never has experience of installing fancy ground textures in my life. I even avoid Orbx out of fear it would screw up my FSX.

ZK-LGD, if it is not too much trouble and you are not too busy, can you please send me Timmo's VectorLandClass via your DropBox, please if it is valid for FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2, please? Realistic looking alps is holy grail for me!

Thanks,

Aharon
Aharon
Sim-holic

Topic author

Postby toprob » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:23 am

Just to quickly explain my role here -- I can't really speak for Vector Land Class, or NZFF admin, but I am a moderator here, and a 'representative' of Godzone Virtual Flight. Godzone scenery comes with their own End User License Agreements, and their terms only relate to Godzone scenery, so they won't be affected unless you breach the actual Godzone EULA conditions.
As a NZFF moderator, I do know there are some rules here, I just don't know where they are. You agree to a list of rules when you sign up, but I'm not sure how you access these afterwards, maybe a forum admin can chime in here. I'm not sure if the rules cover anything relating to this.
However, I do have access to the VLC EULA, which starts with this:
End User License Agreement (EULA) for Vector Land Class (VLC) scenery addon for Microsoft® Flight Simulator 10 (FSX)© or Lockheed Martin Perpar3D. This SOFTWARE PRODUCT consists of a set of files installed from disc or Internet download including subsequent patches or fixes.
1. The License to use this software affords you (the USER) these rights:
a. The USER may install a SINGLE copy of this product for personal, non-profit, non commercial use. Commercial licenses can be purchased separately by contacting the Vector Land Class team at VectorLandClass@gmail.com
b. The USER may not rent, lease or lend this SOFTWARE PRODUCT (or any part thereof) nor charge a fee for its use in any way.
…. etc

So as things are at the moment, anyone who gave you a copy of the VLC installer would breach the EULA. I know this isn't much help here, but I'm just not sure how you would obtain VLC at the moment -- I get a few emails asking this, and normally I just suggest that they contact Tim, from Vectorlandclass, (Timmo here on NZFF).
At the moment I know that Tim has made VLC freeware, but I don't know if he has changed the EULA to allow it to be distributed. Maybe ask him.

If you do get hold of a legitimate VLC installer, then we can certainly help you here. The installer looks after most things, including scenery library priority.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby ZK-LGD » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:36 pm

Gi'day,

Sorry Aharon, but as Robin correctly points out, lending a copy (at least under the VLC EULA as it stands atm) is in breach. I'll wait until Timmo chimes in before uploading anything. (Anyone know how to directly contact Tim? he's not accepting PM's via the Forum).
Last edited by ZK-LGD on Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Dorian
ZK-LGD
Sim-holic

Postby dbcunnz » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:22 pm

I will try and contact Tim and see if I can get some clarification on this for you.
dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Postby ZK-LGD » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:13 pm

Thanks Doug.
Regards,
Dorian
ZK-LGD
Sim-holic

Postby Splitpin » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:08 pm

Timmo posted a link to the multi-installer tonight.
It's on the VLC thread.
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Postby dbcunnz » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:13 pm

dbcunnz wrote:I will try and contact Tim and see if I can get some clarification on this for you.

Here is the prompt reply from Tim
Hi Doug
I think the EULA stands as it is but the package is freely available for download- I'll chuck a link on the VLC NZFF page with it on :) Feel free to point others to this to download.
Cheers
Tim Barnes
Auckland, New Zealand

So Here you go viewtopic.php?f=45&t=28625
dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Postby Aharon » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:00 am

ToProb,

Not a problem Many many thanks to you for well detailed explanations. My apologies to you if you feel offended by my request for freeware Vector Land Class (VLC) scenery addon from ZK-LGD while me being totally unknowing and unaware that it would violate copyrights even though it is freeware available to anyone. Once again my apologies to you and to ANYONE if I offend any of you.

To ZK-LGD,

It is not problem that you cancelled your kind offer to send me freeware copy of Vector Land Class (VLC) scenery addon. You are right to cancel it as I do NOT want you to break copyright rules.

To Dbcunnz,

Thank you for your kind efforts to locate Tim to make some inquiries about availability of his freeware Vector Land Class (VLC) scenery addon software.

To Timmo,

Thank you for your kindness in uploading your freeware copy of Vector Land Class (VLC) scenery addon onto your download center for anyone to download and enjoy your ground scenery.

ToProb: The installer looks after most things, including scenery library priority.

To ToProb,

Even though you said that freeware copy of Vector Land Class (VLC) scenery addon has automatic method that takes care of scenery library priority, before I install that cool addon, can I count on your or anybody for help to tell me where the Vector Land Class (VLC) scenery addon is supposed to be in the priority list of scenery library whether it is supposed to be ABOVE or UNDER all your Godzone airport sceneries NZDN, NZNS, ans NZTI as well as VLC libraries (not to be confused with Vector Land Class scenery addon).

Once again, thanks all for your kind help. I just finished downloaded freeware copy of Vector Land Class (VLC) scenery addon but would rather wait until any of you answer my questions before I start installing the ground scenery add on.

Regards,

Aharon
Aharon
Sim-holic

Topic author

Postby toprob » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:11 am

From the Vector landclass manual:

Note: Scenery Priority

Scenery Priority is normally handled automatically by FSX, and most addon scenery does not require special consideration -- it can just be added to the Scenery Library to display correctly. However any Land Class scenery such as this requires some thought to Scenery Priority. For example, if it is loaded after any photo scenery you may have installed, it will take precedence and display in place of the photo scenery, which may not be what you expected. To prevent this, the installer will attempt to determine a proper priority so that any photo scenery displays on top of the land class scenery. To do this, the installer will try to locate the Addon Scenery folder in your Scenery Library, and tuck the Vector Land Class scenery close to this. There are reasons why this may not be possible. First, it may not be able to locate the Addon Scenery entry in the library, if you have deactivated this for any reason.

If there is an issue with the Scenery Library, it will display (an) informational message:

In either case, you will need to consider the priority within the library. This is covered in the 'Manually Set VLC Priority' instructions below.

And this:

Manually Set VLC Priority
A. If not already open, start FSX and click on the Settings tab to the left of the main dialogue box and then click the Scenery Library button to open the scenery library. This list shows all the scenery packages, both default and addon, that have been added to your FSX installation
B. Scroll down the list until you find the 'Vector Land Class' and 'Vector Land Class DTM' entries.
C. Using the Move Up/Down buttons on the right of the dialogue box, move both the Vector Land Class and Vector Land Class Terrain entries so they sit just above the default scenery items such as 'Propeller Objects', or 'Global, Generic & Vehicle Libraries'. 'Vector Land Class DTM' should be moved so it sits below 'Vector Land Class'.
D. Click OK (The FSX Library will rebuild its index at this stage)
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby Aharon » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:06 am

ToProb:Using the Move Up/Down buttons on the right of the dialogue box, move both the Vector Land Class and Vector Land Class Terrain entries so they sit just above the default scenery items such as 'Propeller Objects', or 'Global, Generic & Vehicle Libraries'. 'Vector Land Class DTM' should be moved so it sits below 'Vector Land Class'.

ToProb,

Thanks a zillion for this great answer above and I am hoping it will not mess up your three Godzone airport sceneries.

To all who posted replies and gave great help to me,

Thanks a zillion for your kindness and great help especially Timmo who opened the download link for any flight simmer to download and enjoy the the Vector Land Class ground scenery.

Regards,

Aharon
Aharon
Sim-holic

Topic author

Postby Aharon » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:05 am

ToProb,

Just want to let you know that when I installed ORBX libraries, full working ORBX demo of entire island of Tasimira, ORBX's YMML Melborne airport, and ORBX's ESSA Arandada airport, it made your Godzone's NZDN terminal disappeared leaving only jetways hanging in mid air even though ORBX libraries, full working ORBX demo of entire island of Tasimira, ORBX's YMML Melborne airport, and ORBX's ESSA Arandada airport have NOTHING TO DO with your Godzone NZDN scenery

I checked scenery add on list in FSX and found out that installation of ORBX libraries, full working ORBX demo of entire island of Tasimira, ORBX's YMML Melborne airport, and ORBX's ESSA Arandada airport caused TWO NZDNs to appear in the list of scenery list and moved NZDN to bottom of the order of the list.

So what I did to solve the problem to remove and delete TWO NZDNs from scenery list, closed FSX, opened FSX, and added NZDN back to the scenery list placing it above NZTI.

Problem solved

Just to let you know in case your present and future customers may ask you what to do if they experience this same problem.

Do not know why installation of ORBX libraries, full working ORBX demo of entire island of Tasimira, ORBX's YMML Melborne airport, and ORBX's ESSA Arandada airport screwed up your Godzone NZDN scenery especially such installation of my newly purchased ORBX products should not be touching and not be affecting anything in the north and south islands of New Zealand!

Regards,

Aharon
Aharon
Sim-holic

Topic author

Previous

Return to Godzone 'Real New Zealand' Scenery Support