Tairei Trenches

The official REAL NZ support forum

Tairei Trenches

Postby Naki » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:49 pm

Hi Robin, Haven't flown here for while but suddenly there are trenches everywhere at Tairei. I've reinstalled Dunedin, mucked around with Orbx insertion points etc and they are still there! What can I do to get rid of them?

Cheers

Paul
Naki
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: Tairei Trenches

Postby toprob » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:18 pm

Hmm, my understanding of Taieri's elevation (which hopefully is based on reality:) is that provided the FTX insertion point is set correctly, there's only one change required to the FTX installation to get this working -- that's Scenery\World\Scenery\ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZTI_elevation_adjustment.bgl which needs to be deactivated by changing the extension to .bak.
However from a quick test with the FTX file active, you shouldn't get trenches, everything should appear correctly, but your aircraft should drop below ground level on the runway etc. So if you are seeing trenches, a screenshot might help -- plus it is always worthwhile searching your sim installation for anything else for 'NZTI'.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby Scupper » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:33 pm

I went there for the first time (in P3D4) last week and was impressed. No trenches but I really liked the Taieri Blokes' Shed and other places to wander around (in avatar mode). To the north, there was an interesting-looking bridge, so I left the airfield and walked across it. Deciding to return to my King Air, I turned round and the airfield had disappeared and in its place was a large brown field, which was a bit disconcerting but by then it was beer time, so no problem. I guess the moral is that if you go for a walk, stay on the areodrome :D .
Scupper
Forum Addict

Postby Naki » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:26 pm

Haha. You sure you didn’t have the beers before you went for a walk??

The trenches I had have gone after a reinstall of Orbx NZSI
Naki
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Return to Godzone 'Real New Zealand' Scenery Support