How to use Teamspeak

For everything about online flying around New Zealand

Postby ardypilot » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:04 pm

Teamspeak is a program which online pilots use to communicate with each other while in the sim. You will need a microphone to be able to talk with other pilots, if not, you can still listen in to everyone else talking, and use the fs2004 in-game textbox to reply to talk to other people.

"Teamspeak2", often referred to as TS can be downloaded for free at http://www.goteamspeak.com/index.php?page=downloads

If you don't have it already, the version you will need is called 'TeamSpeak 2 Client' which is listed at the top of the page linked above. The filesize is only 5.59 MB to download, and has a simple .exe installer to get it setup on your computer.

Once installed, double click the icon to open up the main screen. Click 'Connect' and then 'Quick Connect' from the main menu at the top of the screen:
user posted image

A dialogue box will appear.

In the 'Server address' box, enter teamspeak.inspire.net.nz

In the nickname box, enter your NZFFac username.

Leave the rest of the boxes blank and click 'connect'
user posted image

Once logged on, you will appear in the 'lobby' of the Inspire TS server. Right click on the 'Flight Sims' title in the box on the left hand side and click 'Switch to channel'
user posted image

Next, you will need to set up a 'push to talk key'. When ever this certain key is pushed, it activates your microphone and whatever you say will be heard by everyone else on the channel. When you have finished speaking, you let go.

To do this, go to 'Settings' menu and the top of the screen and click 'Sound Input/Output Settings'.
user posted image

In 'Voice Send Method', select 'push to talk' then click on the 'Set' button and choose a key which you will press every time you wish to speak. A good key to use is 'Scroll Lock', as it has no assignment inside fs2004 and won't change anything in the sim when you press it.
user posted image

Once you are ready to speak, leave TS running in the background open up flightsim and speak away!

If you need further help, please post your problem in a reply below. Cheers :D
Last edited by ardypilot on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Intel Core i5-2400|8GB RAM|ATI Radeon HD 5750 (1GB)|1TB Seagate Barracuda|Windows 7 64 Bit|FSX Gold Edition|24" AOC Widescreen
ardypilot
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby DocScott » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:14 pm

Hi to all!

Seeing this thread is very old,I assume you do not use TS2 any longer,or?

I am writing this,because I like to "speak" to people rather than to write.
So if anyone of you is interested in a real conversation,let me know.
We,from aspirefsx.com, would like to welcome flightsimmers from all over the world to join our daily chatter.
So,if you like to speak to me and my friendly friends,gimme me a PM.

Regards and looking forward to hearing from you,

DocScott aka The Reverend
Just be friends!
DocScott
Forum Addict

Postby dbcunnz » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:18 pm

DocScott wrote:
QUOTE (DocScott @ Oct 19 2014,10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi to all!

Seeing this thread is very old,I assume you do not use TS2 any longer,or?

I am writing this,because I like to "speak" to people rather than to write.
So if anyone of you is interested in a real conversation,let me know.
We,from aspirefsx.com, would like to welcome flightsimmers from all over the world to join our daily chatter.
So,if you like to speak to me and my friendly friends,gimme me a PM.

Regards and looking forward to hearing from you,

DocScott aka The Reverend

Hi Scott we are using Team Speak 3 connect to server on atl01.bargainvoice.com:7890
I am usually on most evenings NZ time
dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Postby deeknow » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:18 pm

Hey DC. Yeah there's a bunch us who use TS, in fact NZFF even has it's own TS instance, details over in the following thread..
http://nzff.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7450

The thread doesn't get posted to a lot but there are members on the channel most evenings NZ time
Deans repaints: http://www.deeknow.com/
Asus P8Z68 m/b - i5/2500k @4.3GHz - EVGA-GTX560Ti - 8GB DDR3/1600 - Win7 - FSX
deeknow
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:15 am

I have tidied this thread up as much off the information was out off date, I'm very mostly on Teamspeak in the mornings as well.
Last edited by Ian Warren on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby emfrat » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:36 pm

Was talking to Doug about half an hour ago, and he was saying I sounded very muffled.
Checked/tested my settings and found the headset mic (even with its sock) was picking up the breeze from the aircon. Pointed the louvres up, which improved things, but switching the aircon off fixes it altogether sad.gif
Last edited by emfrat on Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby Fozzer » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:21 am

Wearing Headphones makes my ears uncomfortably hot... sad.gif ...!

...so I just read stuff, and shout instructions at my Monitor screen.

Paul... laugh.gif ...!
Win 8 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 2GB RAM. DVD ROM. 1 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. A few tasty Motor-bikes....and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn-Mower!
Fozzer

Postby Ian Warren » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:31 am

Fozzer wrote:
QUOTE (Fozzer @ Dec 24 2014,9:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wearing Headphones makes my ears uncomfortably hot... sad.gif ...!

That's were your desktop mic is ideal and even better on another computer beside you is even better.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby Fozzer » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:35 am

Ian Warren wrote:
QUOTE (Ian Warren @ Dec 23 2014,8:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's were your desktop mic is ideal and even better on another computer beside you is even better.

The trouble is Ian...all you NZ Blokes talk; "Australian", and I get confused!

Paul.... laugh.gif ...!
Win 8 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 2GB RAM. DVD ROM. 1 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. A few tasty Motor-bikes....and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn-Mower!
Fozzer

Postby Ian Warren » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:57 am

Fozzer wrote:
QUOTE (Fozzer @ Dec 24 2014,9:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The trouble is Ian...all you NZ Blokes talk; "Australian", and I get confused!

Nah nah .. nah rolleyes.gif .. this is Australian "Fair whack diddle mate, a dingo ate your baby"... were here in the NZ we say "Right chaps toddle pip, off for a bit of flying" cool.gif
Last edited by Ian Warren on Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby Fozzer » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:14 am

Ian Warren wrote:
QUOTE (Ian Warren @ Dec 23 2014,8:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nah nah .. nah rolleyes.gif .. this is Australian "Fair whack diddle mate, a dingo ate your baby"... were here in the NZ we say "Right chaps toddle pip, off for a bit of flying" cool.gif

Now that's the sort of language that I recognise, Ian!

....an up-market Queen's English version of my London; "Cockney" language.

Paul.... laugh.gif ...!

...actually..some of the Auzzie speak is quite similar to Cockney speak...

..probably 'cos most of the Cockney ne'er-do-wells were exported to Australia by good Queen Viccy!...!

Paul..... laugh.gif ...!
Last edited by Fozzer on Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fozzer

Re: How to use Teamspeak

Postby Ian Warren » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:40 am

Team Speak updated this morning, again the address is atl01.bargainvoice.com:7890
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby Fozzer » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:33 pm

Apart for "Teamspeak", (and all those funny, foreign accents).... :wink2: .... :wink2: ....

I wonder, (as I often do), if anyone still uses; "FS Host Multiplayer" any more, for their 24/7 flights, using FS 2004 and FSX?.... :unsure: ...!

The big advantage with FS Host, is that it is always available to connect and join at any time, 24 hours, day and night.

A quick look at FS Host indicates that although there are zillions of Servers available, there are very few folks actually flying on-line, nowadays! >>>>

http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshostspy/

Used to be very popular in the Olden Days....FS 2002 and FS 2004, (and FSX).

No more organised; "get-together" for a flight nowadays!.... :( ...!

All the regulars have long since disappeared now!

Paul.... :rolleyes: ....!
Fozzer

Postby Ian Warren » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:08 am

We have found FS Host to be ridiculously jerky, we were experimenting with FSH a whiles back and it was horrid with the lagging.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby Fozzer » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:19 am

Ian Warren wrote:We have found FS Host to be ridiculously jerky, we were experimenting with FSH a whiles back and it was horrid with the lagging.

How times have changed with FS Host!

I fondly remember the fun we all had with our FS 2002's and FS 2004's in our regular weekend organised fly-ins with the Brits and Americans in Simviation.com.

We toured all around the British Coast, all around Europe, South Africa, Australia, and North and South America, in weekend stages!

A grand group of enthusiastic flyers!

All that came to a grinding standstill with the introduction of FSX, when Microsoft decided not to include the simple; "Multiplayer connection" option in the drop-down menu, and insisted on; "Game Spy" as the Server instead, to add to the complication!

With most new flyers installing FSX at the time, and unable to (easily) connect to FS Host, the number of Multiplayers quickly dwindled down to the level we are at now!

The popularity of Multiplayer had never reached the enthusiastic level now, as it was in the exciting past!

It really is a shame, because I had lots of fun teaching new-comers how to fly, and navigate using their radios and instruments, etc, in real-time!... :rolleyes: ...!

A perfect use for "Multiplayer"!.... :groupwave: ....!

Paul....Fozzer's Multiplayer Flight School...."Learn how to fly!".... :D ....!

P.S...out of interest, is anyone using this now?....>>>> http://www.fsopen.co.uk/info/sessions/
Fozzer

Postby Ian Warren » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:25 am

It seen many have walked from FS full stop or currently in decline, maybe they caught the wife disease, the best MP's was when one training ATC person Nick Beatty now in the tower at CHC was in Dunedin , I set up MPs and he sat in the tower, was to follow traffic procedure and use API plates and charts that was fun.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Return to Multiplayer