Queenstown & Wellington
Wednesday 08th July 2015 1900-2200 NZST / 1700-2000 AEST / 0700-1000 UTC
Challenging landings at both ends!
Fly between Wellington (NZWN) and Queenstown (NZQN) airports in either direction.
These airports can both be very challenging to land at. Wellington for its wind & short runway. (1815m)
Queenstown for its approach over the Southern Alps and even shorter runway. (1777m)
>>>Hall Of Fame<<<
WNQN 2 - ANODO V306 SABDA Y622 MESIX H159 CH Y266 QN
QNWN 2 - QN Q787 TIMJO Y153 DOPKI Y533 GRETA Y393 WN (JET)
QNWN 4 - QN Q787 TIMJO Y153 CH Y393 WN (NON JET)
QNWN 7 - QN Q787 BELEE Y111 WARDS Y393 WN
To have your flight booking appear on the VATNZ Homepage to let others know you plan to fly, remember to book your flight in Vroute.
Events Mailing List
This mailing list is used to announce upcoming online events in the VATNZ calendar. Receive reminder emails before each event detailing what's happening and where.
Subscribe to this list at: vatnz-events
- Don't forget to set your sim for DAY TIME, as there are no night operations into Queenstown.
Note to pilots landing at Queenstown
- eg If assigned the RNAV (GNSS) G approach and you want to do the RNAV (RNP) Y approach, just advise the controller.
- Be familiar with your escape route ie missed approach procedure.
- Make sure you fully understand the approach ie waypoints, heights, speeds, circling if applicable, holding pattern.
- Do not fly a plane larger than an A320.
- Practice the approach when nobody is about.
Note to pilots - Departures
- If you don't have the SID on your FMC please tell the controller.
- If you are not RNAV capable please advise the controller.
- The controller will assign you a suitable departure.
For more information, including airport charts and position details, check out the event page.