VFR flying around Mount Cook Area - Sunday 28 April 2028 - 7.30pm - POSTPONED FROM LAST WEEK

For everything about online flying around New Zealand

VFR flying around Mount Cook Area - Sunday 28 April 2028 - 7.30pm - POSTPONED FROM LAST WEEK

Postby ZK-DWF » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:49 pm

DUE TO CHINESE GRAND PRIX CLASH LAST SUNDAY, RESCHEDULED TO SUNDAY 28 April

Here's an invitation to join our informal group VFR flight on the evening of 28 April (Sunday) starting at 7.30pm (NZDT).

We're repeating (yet again) one of the most fun flights we have done, flying around the Mount Cook (NZMC) area.

Leaving MZMC we will fly and attempt an outrageous landing at Mueller Hut. A landing challenge on Mt Cook.
Then onto Plateau Hut, and then the Tasman Glacier. Then a short flight over to a slope near Kelman Hut.
Then a flight back to land at GlenTanner (NZGT) to look at the sheep.

Be on the lookout for any static aircraft or helicopters at the ski fields.

Should take about 1.5 hours. This definitely suits a default ski plane like the Cessna 172, X-Cub or Pilatus Pc-6. Although, you can fly a chopper if you want.
The new Mount Cook scenery by NZA is definitely recommended, but not mandatory.

Flying will be in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.
Server is South East Asia.
Time set is 1200 hours (noon NZT).
Weather is optional.
No rules just a fun night!! No flight plan, just pure VFR. I would recommend that POI is set to on, so that you can find some of the landmarks. See the image below.

Using Discord 'Long White Cloud' Server for voice traffic. Please try and have voice available. It makes its easier for everyone to know what's going on.
The Discord invitation, if you don't already belong, is https://discord.gg/zeNSwmQbyx (this invite link never expires).

See you there, Dave (ZKDWF)

ZK-DWF
Forum Addict

Topic author

Re: VFR flying around Mount Cook Area - Sunday 28 April 2028 - 7.30pm - POSTPONED FROM LAST WEEK

Postby ZK-DWF » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:40 pm

Due to a clash with the Formula One Grand Prix last Sunday (21st), I have postponed this trip to Sunday 28 April.
ZK-DWF
Forum Addict

Topic author

Re: VFR flying around Mount Cook Area - Sunday 28 April 2028 - 7.30pm - POSTPONED FROM LAST WEEK

Postby ZKIWI » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:22 pm

On my way to Mt Cook now to be ready for tonight.

Just to get you in the mood for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy1EavcDVT8
ZKIWI

Postby jpreou » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:29 am

Sorry I missed this one. Would have been fun no doubt. Was tied up after a long day.
--
Jeff, ChCh, NZ
jpreou
Sim-holic

Return to Multiplayer