Around the World

A forum to share your FS video clips and movies

Around the World

Postby Roelio » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:55 am

Hi all!

A while ago I posted a few screenshots (here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26370) that were made when I was making a video about the C-47 by MJ and JV. Today I finished the video and I added the full startup and shutdown in it too. Just to show how amazing this bird really is, for the few that still don't know ;)

It's called: "Around the World". Although this video only covers the USA, I'm thinking of making another one, but on a different continent. So stay tuned ;)

In the meantime, please enjoy my newest P3D video! (For the best experience, click on 'Watch on Youtube' to view the video in 1080p)

Watch on youtube.com
Roelio
Forum Addict

Topic author

Re: Around the World

Postby Ian Warren » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:24 am

Brilliant Video and a Superb Freeware .. Great one Roel :thumbup:
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby Roelio » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:08 am

Thanks for the kind words Ian! Glad you enjoyed it
Roelio
Forum Addict

Topic author

Postby Ian Warren » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:47 am

I am impressed with the selection of scenery you have, I have only a few International destinations, Hong Kong's Kia-Tak was a must, TAMPA s Sydney Australia is on my must to have list, So so many great scenery's , pleased you created the vid. B-)
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby Roelio » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:58 am

Ian Warren wrote:I am impressed with the selection of scenery you have, I have only a few International destinations, Hong Kong's Kia-Tak was a must, TAMPA s Sydney Australia is on my must to have list, So so many great scenery's , pleased you created the vid. B-)

Well, it takes years to build such a collection lol. But luckily I won quite a bit of scenery as a prize on multiple websites. Plus a comfortable income without too many expenses gets you a loooong way too ;)
Roelio
Forum Addict

Topic author

Postby Ian Warren » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:48 am

That's the story, concentrate on the primary requirements first , Flight Simulation B-)
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby Fozzer » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:23 am

Very impressive!!.... :groupwave: ...!

Certainly a lot more complicated than my little Cessna 150 Aerobat!... :o ...!

(Touring the USA West Coast every day).

Paul.... :D ...!
Fozzer
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:15 am

One thing that struck me is how no one who has brought MEGA SCENERY has not gone in and started to autogen it , Hawaii would be an ultimate starting block , I have my MS Ireland , must be the to hard to think off basket.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby Roelio » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:57 pm

Ian Warren wrote:One thing that struck me is how no one who has brought MEGA SCENERY has not gone in and started to autogen it , Hawaii would be an ultimate starting block , I have my MS Ireland , must be the to hard to think off basket.

There are some companies providing autogen. NuVecta makes autogen trees for photoreal and there should be companies for buildings etc too. But it get's very pricey in the end though...
Roelio
Forum Addict

Topic author

Postby Ian Warren » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:25 am

Hey Roel :D You look at some of us Crazy Buggers who do it here for free :) .... COOL! .... Now that is dedication !
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby toprob » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:26 pm

That is truly bizarre, and I mean that in the best way. This overcomes some of the 'sameness' of simulator videos, well done.
OnlineUser avatar
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby Roelio » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:06 am

Ian Warren wrote:Hey Roel :D You look at some of us Crazy Buggers who do it here for free :) .... COOL! .... Now that is dedication !

And I love you crazy buggers for it :wub: Freeware addons are the product of love for the hobby and dedication, which I can only admire!

toprob wrote:That is truly bizarre, and I mean that in the best way. This overcomes some of the 'sameness' of simulator videos, well done.

Thank you so much Rob! I'm very happy that you liked it! I make video's because I like making them. I'm not a very talented artist in the conventional art forms, but making videos is a way for me to get my creative juices flowing!
Roelio
Forum Addict

Topic author

Postby Ian Warren » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:23 am

One thing I still have to experiment with, I think you need 'Fraps' tho ?
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby Roelio » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:53 am

I used FRAPS in the past, but it is terrible for performance and it saves everything in .AVI format which are huge files. (30 seconds results in files over 1GB and are unworkable with in video editing applications. For FSX you can use FSrecorder which can render footage in-game. So no matter how crap your PC is, you can still make fluid videos with high settings. It is the go-to tool for videomakers in FSX, but it doesn't work in P3D. So to shoot clips in P3D I use Nvidia Shadowplay. Which works the same like FRAPS, but is better in every aspect since it has no impact on performance and saves everything in .MP4 format and it's free! It's a GPU based screen capture tool, so it only works on Nvidia graphic cards from the GTX 600-series or later.
Roelio
Forum Addict

Topic author

Postby Ian Warren » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:01 pm

There we go Roel, always ask the PRO's B-) So guessing FSrecorder is also a payware?
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby Roelio » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:28 pm

Ian Warren wrote:There we go Roel, always ask the PRO's B-) So guessing FSrecorder is also a payware?

Quite the opposite, because it's freeware ;) You can download it here: http://www.fs-recorder.net/ Sadly it hasn't been updated since 2012, so it has it's flaws and the user interface isn't really up to today's standards. But it's a very powerful tool when you get to know it! You can also use it to make and train formationflying. 2.18 is the latest version, but only versions up to 1.13 work in P3D. But the functions in the older version are very limited compared to the new one.
Roelio
Forum Addict

Topic author

Postby Ian Warren » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:27 am

Thanks Roel , I may have a look this later, I think I still have a few computer issues, that is natural, everyone gets them.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby Roelio » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:53 am

Ian Warren wrote:Thanks Roel , I may have a look this later, I think I still have a few computer issues, that is natural, everyone gets them.

Well, I for sure have them! But maybe that's because I don't do cleanups in like ever :unsure: So maybe it's time to do a "spring" cleaning. Even though it's autumn around my part of the globe, this is a NZ forum after all, so it's spring here I guess.
Roelio
Forum Addict

Topic author

Postby Ian Warren » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:02 am

I'll look out the window ... currently its still winter :lol: NAH ! Only a bitta rain, in my home tho when it comes down hard and on a metal roof , the lining then the ceiling is the roof .... its great a night B-) ....
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Return to FS Videos