AIRAC 1808 - NZCH Ubdan3P Departure

A place to converse about the general aspects of flight simulation in New Zealand

AIRAC 1808 - NZCH Ubdan3P Departure

Postby BruceR » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:23 pm

I'm having problems with the Christchurch Ubdan3P departure from Runway 02. This problem occurs with both the FSL's A320 and PMDG 737. My flight plan is this; NZCH to NZDN, depart runway 02, Ubdan3P Idara Y814 Mipak Mipak2A for runway 03. After takeoff the first waypoint of the Ubdan SID is Nubka which is 5 miles straight out. At Nubka there is a 90deg turn to the left. However, each time I reach Nubka the flightsim freezes with an outside shot of the aircraft fuselage roof, looking from the tail fin forward, then after about 10 seconds the flightsim returns to loading the default aircraft at the default airport. In both aircraft the ND displays the SID and flight plan correctly, and all goes well until I reach Nubka. My last eight attempts at this departure, three with the A320 and five with the 737, have all ended this way.

I'm using W10, P3D V4.3. I do have AS16 installed but it wasn't turned on for any of these flights. For most of the flights I had ORBX A1 Traffic Oz and NZ installed, as well as ORBX NZSI. As this has only started to occur since installing Navigraph AIRAC 1808 I reached out to the Navigraph support forum. I was told they tried the departure and flight and had no problems. This was with no scenery installed. It was suggested I try the same. I ended up being rather drastic and un-installed all my aircraft and scenery addons, and P3D itself. Everything was installed again with the exception of ORBX A1 traffic. I tried the flight again with the PMDG 737 and it still crashed back to the default scenario at Nubka. My next attempt I un-installed ORBX NZSI, rebooted and tried again. This time I was able to complete the SID. It appears ORBX NZSI is preventing me flying past Nubka.

I guess the question is; why can't I get past the first waypoint of the Ubdan3P departure from NZCH with ORBX NZSI installed? Do you have any ideas, or even a possible solution? I've also put this out to the ORBX forum and waiting for some replies (hopefully). Perhaps somebody in the meantime, who has ORBX NZSI installed, could try the same flight with FSL's A320 or PMDG 737 and see if they end up the the same flightsim crash to default scenario.

Bruce R
BruceR

Topic author

Re: AIRAC 1808 - NZCH Ubdan3P Departure

Postby Adamski » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:43 pm

BruceR wrote:I'm having problems with the Christchurch Ubdan3P departure from Runway 02. This problem occurs with both the FSL's A320 and PMDG 737. My flight plan is this; NZCH to NZDN, depart runway 02, Ubdan3P Idara Y814 Mipak Mipak2A for runway 03. After takeoff the first waypoint of the Ubdan SID is Nubka which is 5 miles straight out. At Nubka there is a 90deg turn to the left. However, each time I reach Nubka the flightsim freezes with an outside shot of the aircraft fuselage roof, looking from the tail fin forward, then after about 10 seconds the flightsim returns to loading the default aircraft at the default airport. In both aircraft the ND displays the SID and flight plan correctly, and all goes well until I reach Nubka. My last eight attempts at this departure, three with the A320 and five with the 737, have all ended this way.

I'm using W10, P3D V4.3. I do have AS16 installed but it wasn't turned on for any of these flights. For most of the flights I had ORBX A1 Traffic Oz and NZ installed, as well as ORBX NZSI. As this has only started to occur since installing Navigraph AIRAC 1808 I reached out to the Navigraph support forum. I was told they tried the departure and flight and had no problems. This was with no scenery installed. It was suggested I try the same. I ended up being rather drastic and un-installed all my aircraft and scenery addons, and P3D itself. Everything was installed again with the exception of ORBX A1 traffic. I tried the flight again with the PMDG 737 and it still crashed back to the default scenario at Nubka. My next attempt I un-installed ORBX NZSI, rebooted and tried again. This time I was able to complete the SID. It appears ORBX NZSI is preventing me flying past Nubka.

I guess the question is; why can't I get past the first waypoint of the Ubdan3P departure from NZCH with ORBX NZSI installed? Do you have any ideas, or even a possible solution? I've also put this out to the ORBX forum and waiting for some replies (hopefully). Perhaps somebody in the meantime, who has ORBX NZSI installed, could try the same flight with FSL's A320 or PMDG 737 and see if they end up the the same flightsim crash to default scenario.

Bruce R

Hi Bruce - I don't have the FSL A320, but I do have the NGX.

Could you post your flightplan (as text) here? I'll give it a go.

Do you have collision/buildings detection turned on? It's possible you've found an invisible object in the scenery. Apparently they litter many sceneries (ORBX or otherwise) - and are notoriously hard to find/fix, so the general advice (from ORBX at least) appears to be to disable detection. I don't think it affects immersion of the overall "reality" of the sim. It is just a sim, after all.

Adam.
Adamski
NZFF Pro

Postby toprob » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:47 pm

Yes, this does sound like a collision. NZ is notorious for invisible walls, long before Orbx came on the scene. So try turning off collision detection, it doesn't really serve much purpose.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby BruceR » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:17 pm

Thanks guys for the replies. Adam, my flight plan is mentioned in the topic. It's the Christchurch standard route clearance from AIP NZ - NZCH to NZDN. Takeoff R02 Ubdan3P Idara Y814 Mipak Mipak2A for R03. Good luck.

Bruce R
BruceR

Topic author

Postby BruceR » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:33 pm

Well what do you know!! I just checked the realism page and "Detect Crashes and Damage" was ticked. Very odd because I always have "Ignore Crashes and Damage" ticked. I would hate to think of the number of times I've taxied "through" another aircraft which were sharing the same taxi way. Must of happened very recently. Anyway now that I've got "ignored" checked I'll give it another go tomorrow and get back.

Thanks gents.

Bruce R
BruceR

Topic author

Postby Adamski » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:00 pm

Bruce - Ive just flown that route with the NGX. No problem at all.

This is with P3Dv4.3, AIRAC 1808 and ORBX NZSI. I don't have any add-ons active for either NZCH or NZDN (sorry, Rob!).

Adam.
Adamski
NZFF Pro

Postby BruceR » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:31 pm

Adam and Rob you were both correct. About the same time I downloaded AIRAC 1808 the P3D settings somehow went from Ignore Crashes to Detect Crashes. Computers can give you headaches sometimes. Thank goodness for forums.

Thanks and regards

Bruce R
BruceR

Topic author

Postby toprob » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:08 pm

Adamski wrote:...I don't have any add-ons active for either NZCH or NZDN (sorry, Rob!).

Adam.

No worries, if we have everything, then we have nothing to look forward to:)
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby Adamski » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:12 pm

I'm glad it was such a simple fix :thumbup: ... but I'm worried that these settings appear to change "behind our backs"!
Adamski
NZFF Pro

Postby tanken2 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:24 am

Last night nisom-idara-mipak-rw21 latest navigraph , Flight1 ATR 72-500 perfect flight and ILS landing. FSX with Orbx S.I Godzone Dunedin
tanken2

Return to General