Flying in Gita

A place to converse about the general aspects of flight simulation in New Zealand

Flying in Gita

Postby jpreou » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:20 pm

So, er, state of emergency in ChCh right now due to Gita (and I need to drive home from CBM to Rolleston and Durham St is *solid* with traffic!!).
Anyone going to fire up real time weather and go for a sim flight through Gita! :)
(unfortunately I am busy tonight, otherwise I'd be having that fun)
-- Jeff, Rolleston, NZ
P3Dv4.x and a bunch of add-on stuff... some 'global' products, but otherwise NZ-only
jpreou
Forum Addict

Topic author

Re: Flying in Gita

Postby toprob » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:51 pm

Not a big fan myself, I've been working on NZCH all day, I shut down real weather this morning so every time I tested my progress I wouldn't have the gloomy weather... For goodness sake, it's summer still!
A bit of a preview of a South Canty winter out there at the moment, a real wind chill factor.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby emfrat » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:20 pm

Bugger! That would have been a great test for REX SkyForce :o
Only trouble is, I don't have a flying machine at the moment (it's a long story), and the replacement SuperBeast won't arrive until Friday at best. Good news is, it is very simple to install AFS2(DVD) to a different machine.
Tony-next-door came over for our regular home brew quality check a couple of days back "Oh yeah, so how many wires did you have to pull out to make the PSU go bang?"...To add to the embarrassment, I replaced the Dell 300W thing with the 550W one out of the original BigBeast and it is now running just like a real one. Fortunately darling daughter doesn't know anything about these events at all, so I will live to fly another day :D
MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby jpreou » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:00 am

Well, I gotta say, from my perspective in Rolleston that was a big non-event...
-- Jeff, Rolleston, NZ
P3Dv4.x and a bunch of add-on stuff... some 'global' products, but otherwise NZ-only
jpreou
Forum Addict

Topic author

Postby dbcunnz » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:05 pm

A real none event in Blenheim just over 100mm rain in the last 24 hours highest wind gust 28 kph hardly enough to fly a kite.
Just a good watering of the garden.
And now it is a nice sunny day.
dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Postby toprob » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:11 pm

One thing I've noticed flying in Gita last night -- Prepar3d v4.2 is a real improvement over any previous version when it comes to heavy-weather performance.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Return to General