I'M HERE TO ROCK THE ENTIRE CORE OF NZFF!

A place to converse about the general aspects of flight simulation in New Zealand

I'M HERE TO ROCK THE ENTIRE CORE OF NZFF!

Postby Ian Warren » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:17 pm

I'M HERE TO ROCK THE ENTIRE CORE OF NZFF! :o Channel 13 tonight 'Megastructures' 7.30 to 8.30 pm tonight , was a documentary about the A380 , I was hooked, missed this doco previously for some reason, it would have been my previous working hours, ... after all it was the UGBUST , but I was impressed with the engineering or least what they showed , from the over-sized CNC's, yes I have known about this machines of well over 35 years, I have operated smaller versions of the machine so was able to under the machining and seen the speeds these can operate at and there precision , I was truly impressed with the making of the 380 , I felt this documentary was way to short and cut corners were there should have been at least two hours going though the machine and setups , I am sorry I had to tell you this spring it on to the lot of you before the weekend and maybe it may BUGGER it up for you in disbelief .. Sorry about that :D
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: I'M HERE TO ROCK THE ENTIRE CORE OF NZFF!

Postby deeknow » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:29 am

:lol: :clap: haha, you cant deny its an impressive (if expensive) project, must watch that, cheers
deeknow
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:47 am

Sorry again Dean, it was last night, I found a link for the same doco , the funny part was the transporting it through small villages, the doco is also a little out of date as the 747-800 is longer, the entire thing about the documentary is the construction , even to forge a piece of aluminium that size and for it to be a high machine standard is a task in itself .. one thing not mentioned here, but this dose go for all large aircraft that have alloy CNC wings is the best quality, purist aluminium comes from alloy smelter Tiwai Point in Bluff .
Watch on youtube.com
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Splitpin » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:36 am

:lol: My goodness ..... first Donald Trump is the new US President , and now this bombshell :ph43r:
What a year so far .

Great doco Ian , i love that stuff .
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:40 am

Marty :lol: .... and :nahnah:
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Charl » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:40 pm

:hesaid:
:hesaid:

The wing is spectacular, if you have a wing seat it strikes you that there is this rather large acreage, with ne'er a fastener in sight.
Damn smooth ride, too.

It behaved rather well too, when the Rolls Royce on that Qantas A380 spat its guts.
Charl
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:08 pm

Charl wrote: The wing is spectacular,

Bloody fortunate the CNC drill rivet gluing machine did not loose its spot .... what a job monitoring the machine tho , almost exactly the sort of thing at General Cable in some areas, suppose eye glued but nope , had there private hand held phones with what ever , two major jobs buggered up and heard of another, these people did loose their jobs. .... The townships midnight morning entertainment , wonder how that is doing at the mo, surely a new road put in ?
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Aviator 1 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:58 pm

I think its more to do with the Dream liner 787 with lighting strikes they lay a fine copper mesh over the top which is designed to eliminate the charge. The metal body ones conduct and withdrawal the energy. So that is why the put the mesh down on board the new composite jets other wise a lightning strike would be a disaster more than likely blowing a huge hole though the material.
Aviator 1
Sim-holic

Postby Ian Warren » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:14 pm

And to think I run around in my front yard with my model ARBUST trying to get struck by lightning :P ... :D
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Aviator 1 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:01 pm

:lol:
Aviator 1
Sim-holic

Postby Ian Warren » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:03 pm

:rolleyes: ... True :P ....... trouble is me bloody lip's get sore making aeroplane noises before a bolt of lightning gets me ... or the neighbours :o
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Aviator 1 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:18 pm

:clap: :D :lol: Try flicking your arms like propeller blades that may help you :rolleyes:
Aviator 1
Sim-holic

Postby Ian Warren » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:24 pm

Only do that when the nutty neighbour come by .... they then RUN! .... not sure why :unsure:
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Aviator 1 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:00 pm

:lol: I only do that when the meter man comes
Aviator 1
Sim-holic

Postby Ian Warren » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:21 pm

Today for his safety "the meter man" have now made it automated .... not sure why :unsure:
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Return to General