ILS NZAA MFS2020

A place to converse about the general aspects of flight simulation in New Zealand

ILS NZAA MFS2020

Postby tanken2 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:59 am

NZWN to NZAA A320 set up route and sids and star via microsofts world page , during flight checked FMC and NZAA 23L Heading was 25 degrees not 23 and sure enough ILS landing with LOC and G/S but lined up to the right of runway . Have done this landing before and was perfect ? Also sometimes you are denied pushback and other times o.k at same airport , it it gate specific ? Lots of traffic (other players and ANZ flights) player Jeff landed 747 /8 in front of me but couldn't see if he was lined up correctly.
tanken2

Topic author

Re: ILS NZAA MFS2020

Postby Adamski » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:15 am

tanken2 wrote:NZWN to NZAA A320 set up route and sids and star via microsofts world page , during flight checked FMC and NZAA 23L Heading was 25 degrees not 23 and sure enough ILS landing with LOC and G/S but lined up to the right of runway . Have done this landing before and was perfect ? Also sometimes you are denied pushback and other times o.k at same airport , it it gate specific ? Lots of traffic (other players and ANZ flights) player Jeff landed 747 /8 in front of me but couldn't see if he was lined up correctly.

Hmmm .... I've made loads of 23L ILS landings (as my test route is NZAA-NZWN-NZAA) and don't remember it being mis-aligned.

As regards push-back ... are you at an actual *gate*? I find it doesn't work at all *parking* slots. Also - you occasionally get told that other ground services are unavailable "Can't find the baggage" is a hilarious one! However - if you wait a bit, the ground crew appear to co-operate. Are they allowed tea breaks on the job?

Adam.
OnlineUser avatar
Adamski
NZFF Pro

Postby cowpatz » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:13 am

Adamski wrote:As regards push-back ... are you at an actual *gate*? I find it doesn't work at all *parking* slots. Also - you occasionally get told that other ground services are unavailable "Can't find the baggage" is a hilarious one! However - if you wait a bit, the ground crew appear to co-operate. Are they allowed tea breaks on the job? Adam.

True to life then :)
cowpatz
NZFF Pro

Postby Lindstrim » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:32 pm

cowpatz wrote:
Adamski wrote:As regards push-back ... are you at an actual *gate*? I find it doesn't work at all *parking* slots. Also - you occasionally get told that other ground services are unavailable "Can't find the baggage" is a hilarious one! However - if you wait a bit, the ground crew appear to co-operate. Are they allowed tea breaks on the job? Adam.

True to life then :)

Yep wait most days
Lindstrim
Sim-holic

Return to General