Virtual Reality VR HP Reverb G2 HMD initial X-Plane, DCS cockpit panel layout views.

A place to converse about the general aspects of flight simulation in New Zealand

Virtual Reality VR HP Reverb G2 HMD initial X-Plane, DCS cockpit panel layout views.

Postby Radar88 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:42 pm

For those who might be interested in getting into the future with Virtual Reality VR Flying.

The latest iteration of the HP Reverb Headset Mounted Display HMD, the HP Reverb G2 was announced last month.

It will be available later this year in New Zealand with the (estimated) release date 30th September, 2020.

The HP Reverb G2 with Controllers is now available for pre-order purchase, with the price tag NZ $1099.00 on the Mighty Ape website. HP VR 3000 Windows Mixed Reality 4K Reverb G2 HMD includes 2 x motion controllers.

With the HP Reverb G2 No Controllers version available for pre-order purchase, with the price tag NZ $899.00 on the Mighty Ape website. HP VR 3000 Windows Mixed Reality 4K Reverb G2 HMD - No Controllers.

It will also be available to Rent-out, Nationwide across NZ, from Virtual Reality Rental a company located in Christchurch from 30th September, 2020.

Rental Pricing:

$109 - Up to 3 Nights
$125 - Up to 5 Nights
$139 - Up to 7 Nights
Long Term Rentals Available

The Virtual Reality Rental Company Service Reviews can be found here on TradeMe.

If your interested in learning more about the HP Reverb G2 Headset Mounted Display HMD, would recommend watching the following YT videos.

From SimHanger Flight Simulation HP Reverb G2 | Specifications now out | What you need to know.

From MRTV This is the HP Reverb G2! - ALL Details Unveiled! Incl. Q&A With The HP Team.

Valve Index Vs HP Reverb G2 - What Are The Differences? Which One Should You Buy? Comparing Specs!.

MRTV's initial first hands-on the HP Reverb G2 look at the Flight Simulator's X-Plane 11, DCS cockpit layout view using a hand-held camera.

HP Reverb G2 Through The Lens - XPlane 11 - 4K - Raw & Unedited.

HP Reverb G2 - 4K Through The Lens Video - DCS World - Raw & Unedited.
Radar88

Topic author

Re: Virtual Reality VR HP Reverb G2 HMD initial X-Plane, DCS cockpit panel layout views.

Postby jpreou » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:17 pm

I've used Virtual Reality Rental before; they're really good. Graham has me down (I hope) as the first customer for a week on the G2 and I'm looking forward to trying it out. Part of me hopes that this VR headset now meets my expectations for resolution and clarity, and part of me (the part that looks after the $$$) doesn't !! :) Having said that, the price isn't *too* far out of reach with a little saving, but there are multiple conflicting 'projects' for available dollars right now (I have my paragliding license and kit, but I'm keen to convert to paramotor).
-- Jeff, Rolleston, NZ
P3Dv4.x and a bunch of add-on stuff... some 'global' products, but otherwise NZ-only
jpreou
Forum Addict

Return to General