Just in time for Christmas

A place to converse about the general aspects of flight simulation in New Zealand

Just in time for Christmas

Postby emfrat » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:13 am

A couple of interesting links on CBFS this morning, thanks to Paul K...I want that throttle quad! :drool:

http://flyhoneycomb.com/

http://www.pcpilot.net/2017/01/11/new-yoke-announced/
MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

OnlineUser avatar
emfrat
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: Just in time for Christmas

Postby toprob » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:33 am

Yes, I saw that last week, and was particularly interested in the quad -- some very useful stuff for a good price!
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby Aviator 1 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:11 pm

That is nice. I did see a really nice Yoke by virtual fly, But not cheap then GST on top to bring them in,
Aviator 1
Sim-holic

Postby emfrat » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:57 am

Release forecast is still Quarter 1 of 2018, but they now have a distribution network set up, which I don't think was there before.
Bring it on :)
MikeW

OnlineUser avatar
emfrat
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby emfrat » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:27 am

I see the latest release date forecast is Q2 2019. Let's hope it makes it for my birthday...I had hoped to have it for Christmas 2017 :rolleyes:
MikeW

OnlineUser avatar
emfrat
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Radar88 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:17 pm

Honeycomb Aeronauticals Alpha Flight Controls Yoke is looking good for Christmas 2019 for delivery within New Zealand on the release date 27th September, 2019

If you like check out Austin Meyer X Plane creator thoughts and a quick demo of the new Honeycomb yoke.

Honeycomb Yoke Overview and Demo by X-Plane creator

Available soon for NZ $449 take your pick from these online NZ Stores either

Mighty Ape Pre Order Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls

or Downunder Pilotshop NZ

Also for our cobber neighbours across the Tasman available soon from these online Aussie Stores either Downunder Pilotshop Australia for AU$ 439.95

or The Gamesmen pre -order for AU$ 429.99
Last edited by Radar88 on Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Radar88

Postby emfrat » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:18 pm

Hello Radar88, thanks for that info :thumbup:
The last time I looked the yoke was on a pre-purchase thing from Aerosoft, in Europe only, and the throttle quad had slipped back another 6 months, putting it into 2020. Since I live in Queensland, I get this kind of stuff from our fellow member Dean, at pcaviator.au, so I hope he will get the distributorship for Oz
ATB
MikeW

OnlineUser avatar
emfrat
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby MichaelBasler » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:30 am

The quadrant will certainly not be available in 2019. I am pondering on both of them, even more as the form factor is compatible to the Saitek Cessna Yoke integrated into my Agronn panel. While my Saitek/Logitech gear are still working, it's certainly a dead end and Logitech seemingly doesn't have any interest in further development let alone extension of the product range.

I think I've seen somewhere (FSExpo?) even more Honeycomb gear mentioned for the future - certainly depending on how the Yoke/Quadrant will sell.

A good and detailed review can be found here:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/145899-honeycomb-alpha-flight-controls-preview/

Kind regards, Michael
MichaelBasler

Postby Radar88 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:20 pm

Hello Michael

You are correct
MichaelBasler wrote:The quadrant will certainly not be available in 2019

Just checked the Honeycomb website FAQ they anticipate the Bravo Throttle Quadrant to Launch early 2020.

As the Honeycomb Yoke is about to start rolling out world wide according to the latest from FSElite Honeycomb Aeronautical Alpha Yoke Production images

You might also be interested in the Stay Level Avonix SLAVX panel from American they do similar panels to the Agronn Xtop pro panels.

Here's a sample of their version with the Honeycomb Yoke and Throttle Quadrant.

EPIC Home Flight Sim Cockpit | HONEYCOMB | RealSimGear G1000 | SLAVX | X-Plane 11

Pity these panels are so large and expensive to import down-under into New Zealand you are very lucky in Europe with obtaining flight sim hardware gear.

PS I hope you don't mind me sharing that while searching for Xtop panels in NZ, I came across a nice picture of you in front of your Agronn Xtop pro panel from your website Beyondwork

I would highly recommend a :groupwave: out for this nice picture of you with your Agronn Xtop pro panel and Kiwi mascot sitting on the Saitek/Logitech TPM to be nominated for one of the NZFF monthly Banners showing you as a NZFF member from Germany.

Hope Doug sees this and either he or you make contact for permission to use as a Banner. Would love to see this up as a Banner as a keen honorary Kiwi >nzflag< Flight Sim Enthusiast from the Northern Hemisphere.

:cheers:
Radar88

Postby MichaelBasler » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:19 am

Radar88 wrote:Hello Michael
Hope Doug sees this and either he or you make contact for permission to use as a Banner. Would love to see this up as a Banner as a keen honorary Kiwi >nzflag< Flight Sim Enthusiast from the Northern Hemisphere.

:cheers:

Thank you for a really heart-warming contribution. While I feel a bit overrated being on a NZFF banner, I'll see if we can come up with something usable.

I've seen the Staylevel panels before, albeit not integrated with the Honeycomb devices which indeed seem to be a perfect fit.

On the other hand, I find me more and more using a VR headset (1st gen WMR ACER). While it lacks the clear display of a big screen (yet) and I am missing the Moving Map on the Laptop, the feeling like being in a real plane is just overwhelming. Plus, all those hardware panels are just unflexible. I bought mine as a steam gauge Cessna and it works excellently as such - but nothing beyond; jets or even choppers need ugly compromises.

One more issue with the Honeycomb(s): I make heavy use of SPAD.neXt for configuring all gear, and I'll at least see/hear if/how they will work together

Kind regards, Michael
MichaelBasler

Return to General