Flight schedules for NZ airports?

A place to converse about the general aspects of flight simulation in New Zealand

Flight schedules for NZ airports?

Postby Grumble » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:16 pm

I'm trying to update (or at least check) the traffic in my X-plane World Traffic data. Does anyone know where I could get detailed schedules of arrivals and departures for NZ airports (In particular, for NZTG)?

Cheers in advance!
Grumble
Forum Addict

Topic author

Re: Flight schedules for NZ airports?

Postby deeknow » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:52 pm

Star Alliance used to publish a PDF with ALL the schedules in them, sadly they stopped doing that as a public thing a few years back. They also had a GUI client you could install which did the same but that's not public any more AFAIK. Their web search is possibly a little quicker to use than the ANZ one if you wanna check outbound/inbound per airport but its a tedious process...

https://flights.staralliance.com/en/

What you really need is a programmer buddy who can screen-scrape the search, or a friend at an airline who has access to the advanced star alliance search tools who might be able to do a bulk search and export.
deeknow
NZFF Pro

Postby Grumble » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:36 pm

Yeah, I'm not having much luck... but will keep looking!
Grumble
Forum Addict

Topic author

Postby emfrat » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:25 pm

I asked Mr Google for NZTG Departures and got this link to a part of Flightradar24 I never knew about. Not a comprehensive national database, but useful just the same, with a bit of work. Many airports have their own websites these days, so with a bit of research you can track down most stuff.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/trg

Hope this helps
MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby Grumble » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:12 pm

Thanks, I'll take a look! I did glance at this one before but for some reason my time zone (Japan) seems to be interfering with the flights I'm seeing... will investigate!
Grumble
Forum Addict

Topic author

Postby emfrat » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:46 pm

Ah, now understand....Your 'poota is using JST, and the sim picks that up.
I suggest you use https://www.timeanddate.com to set up a second clock using UTC, which is what all sim flightplans use, as far as I know. That will make it a lot easier to set your sim to the time period you want to check. UTC=GMT, but London time is not necessarily UTC - they use daylight saving.
I have no experience of X-Plane, but I did a lot of AI stuff in FS2004 and FSX - you can still see the bite marks in the ceiling :lol:
Have fun
Mike
MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Return to General