I have just phoned Vodafone for the 3rd time in 5 weeks to contest the data usage they show vs mine. They reckon I've used 3 times more (640MB) than I actually have today already (200MB)!! They can't explain and are investigating. The guy on the help desk admitted the counter sometimes gets it wrong. I asked how it was corrected for their tens of thousands of customers and he could not give me an answer. In short I've done everything I can - changed wireless password to prevent anybody else tapping in (doubtful as we down back section and neighbours (who are away) have broadband as well) Its taken a while to get this far as we kept hitting our monthly 20GB cap. Sure I work from home and upload and download docs to our server, but I watch this closely. So it was either the kids or the wife - unfortunately their general usage was not to blame either.
So I'm awaiting a tech to call me back and explain. In the meantime - if you are a Vodafone customer keep an eye out as I reckon we might just be getting ripped off. If I get no resolution I will be looking at Fair go and/or changing provider. Peeves me off that I was with Ihug since 1997 without any problems, then Vodafone takes them over and screws it all up.