Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FSX PROP TEXTURES, Poor Texture Rendition with Acceleration installed
-JOHNMD-
post Oct 19 2008,11:55 AM
Post #1

Guests

To All,
Has anyone got good Prop Textures for the AFG Super King Air 300 Aircraft, as the ones that come with the Model, do not display correctly, in FSX with Acceleration installed.
I have tried a lot of things to make it work, even changing, and renaming the Prop textures, but a clear disc still shows when displayed against Sky textures, I need to get rid of this aspect of the prop texture, but can not seem to get it right,, I have altered Lockheed Constellations, and Hercules, and many other Aircraft that I have, with no problems, but this one refuses to let me alter it, there seems to be some inbuilt texture for the props that does this, even when I delete all Prop textures, it still shows, so I am open to any suggestions in this regard, as these Aircraft are simply great models to fly.

regards, JOHN MD
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
-gokanru-
post Oct 19 2008,2:23 PM
Post #2

Guests

You didn't give a lot of detail but I have downloaded that aircraft for FSX and followed the readme and have no problems with the prop textures.There is an update for the b300 that fixed a lot of issues in the 2d cockpit,prop textures have never been a problem.You could try backing off the prop pitch to just below the red line of the prop rpm and you should see the props revolving.The B300 is a great aircraft to fly in the sim and looks beautiful from any angle. New_Zealand_etc.gif

+Quote Post
Adamski
post Oct 19 2008,2:32 PM
Post #3

^ That's not me - HONEST!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 859

QUOTE (JOHNMD @ Oct 19 2008, 11:55 AM) *
To All,
Has anyone got good Prop Textures for the AFG Super King Air 300 Aircraft, as the ones that come with the Model, do not display correctly, in FSX with Acceleration installed.
I have tried a lot of things to make it work, even changing, and renaming the Prop textures, but a clear disc still shows when displayed against Sky textures, I need to get rid of this aspect of the prop texture, but can not seem to get it right. I have altered Lockheed Constellations, and Hercules, and many other Aircraft that I have, with no problems, but this one refuses to let me alter it, there seems to be some inbuilt texture for the props that does this, even when I delete all Prop textures, it still shows, so I am open to any suggestions in this regard, as these Aircraft are simply great models to fly.
regards, JOHN MD

Many of my older freeware prop aircraft show either black disks or - as you say - show clouds through them. I also have FSX/Acceleration installed. I played with an old FS2004 An-2 prop once and got myself into a right mess with it. I have Photoshop and tried all kinds of DX converters - but my mileage varied winkyy.gif

Maybe there's an error in one of the cfg files that's either pointing to the wrong texture, or it just can't find the correct one and it's using some kind of a default?

What tool(s) do you use?

--------------------

+Quote Post
mjrhealth
post Oct 19 2008,5:37 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 805

QUOTE (Adamski @ Oct 19 2008, 12:32 PM) *
Many of my older freeware prop aircraft show either black disks or - as you say - show clouds through them. I also have FSX/Acceleration installed. I played with an old FS2004 An-2 prop once and got myself into a right mess with it. I have Photoshop and tried all kinds of DX converters - but my mileage varied winkyy.gif

Maybe there's an error in one of the cfg files that's either pointing to the wrong texture, or it just can't find the correct one and it's using some kind of a default?

What tool(s) do you use?

Its a SP2 issue that is a part of accelaration. And all fs9 imports have that prop behind cloud isssue its a model thing and changing the texture wont fix it. If the texture is black then its a texture " alpha channel " thing, got changed in sp2 . It can be fixed ot you can repalce the proptexture with one from another plane that works.

--------------------
Intel 4790K 4.6Gig
8 Gig 1600 Meg ram,
Gigabyte GTX 680 2 Gig Ram
Gigabyte GAZ87X-UD3H
Win 7 64 Bit

+Quote Post
Adamski
post Oct 19 2008,6:56 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (mjrhealth @ Oct 19 2008, 05:37 PM) *
Its a SP2 issue that is a part of accelaration. And all fs9 imports have that prop behind cloud issue its a model thing and changing the texture wont fix it. If the texture is black then its a texture " alpha channel " thing, got changed in sp2 . It can be fixed or you can repalce the prop texture with one from another plane that works.

I downloaded and installed the AFG B300 ... and this is how my props look. Note that land textures show through OK, but over the sky, the props turn *solid*. Usually, they're either black or the clouds show through. If it's an SP2 issue, have MS worked out a fix?

The 2D panel is all screwed for me. It appears to be looking for background pics that aren't there ... positioning is all wrong ... and the VC panel master warning stays on all the time. A fair bit of work to get this ported over from FS2004, I think. A shame, because the exterior model looks pretty sweet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
-gokanru-
post Oct 19 2008,11:07 PM
Post #6

Guests

To get the B300 working properly in FSX you need the kingair 350 installed with its gauges as the 2D panel uses them.then apply the updated file for FSX.the warning light issue is a simple fix,just click on it and it goes out.I think from memory the prop textures are fixed in the update.Just follow the read me and all problems are all go in FSX. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Adamski
post Oct 19 2008,11:45 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE (gokanru @ Oct 19 2008, 11:07 PM) *
To get the B300 working properly in FSX you need the kingair 350 installed with its gauges as the 2D panel uses them.then apply the updated file for FSX.the warning light issue is a simple fix,just click on it and it goes out.I think from memory the prop textures are fixed in the update.Just follow the read me and all problems are all go in FSX. tongue.gif

Aaah! Whose 350? I only installed the AFG one. No mention of the 350 (or its update in the docs - unless I missed it!).

--------------------

+Quote Post
-gokanru-
post Oct 20 2008,12:26 AM
Post #8

Guests

The default 350 in FSX is what is needed.Read the AFG read me and you will find all the instructions in there.The b300 was intended for FS9 but ports over to fsx with issues.The update fixed a lot of these issues.what I did was to change the gauges to the same ones used in the FSX kingair 350.I used fs panel studio for this job.I also added a fuel computer gauge as well as the pushback gauge,very handy to have.I'll try and post some pics on how my one looks from the 2D panel,also I will check to see if my prop textures screw up the clouds(pardon the pun).

+Quote Post
-JOHNMD-
post Oct 28 2008,8:06 PM
Post #9

Guests

To all those that tried to help with this Prop texture problem that I am having with The AFG Beech Super King Air 300, It still is a problem that I cannot resolve, even after having tried all the suggestions offered, it is only a problem with this model of aircraft, and because I have FSX acceleration installed.
Without acceleration installed, the prop textures are fine, so there must be something inherent in this model that I can't alter, and as was suggested, it is probably the Alpha channel aspect to it, which I have no way of changing, because I don't know enough about it.
As I described previously, when you look at the Prop, it appears as a clear shiny disc, especially when flying through clouds, or making approaches into airports, the clear disc aspect shows against the backdrop tree textures, and cuts them right out, it looks really bad, and puts me off using this aircraft, which was one of my favorite aircraft to fly, so I am still looking for the right combination of prop textures to resolve this, or if someone has a fix for the alpha channel aspect, that may be causing it, as I have tried over twenty different prop combinations, using The Beech King Air 350 model as well, and panel,and imports from other aircraft models, but it makes absolutely no difference at all, I tried to include some photos to show you all, to show what I am talking about, but can't get it to show on this.

regards John MD

+Quote Post
Adamski
post Oct 28 2008,8:53 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE (gokanru @ Oct 20 2008, 01:26 AM) *
The default 350 in FSX is what is needed.Read the AFG read me and you will find all the instructions in there.The b300 was intended for FS9 but ports over to fsx with issues.The update fixed a lot of these issues.what I did was to change the gauges to the same ones used in the FSX kingair 350.I used fs panel studio for this job.I also added a fuel computer gauge as well as the pushback gauge,very handy to have.I'll try and post some pics on how my one looks from the 2D panel,also I will check to see if my prop textures screw up the clouds(pardon the pun).

The AFG readme doesn't mention anything about default FSX 350's. Indeed, it doesn't mention FSX at all - and this is the newest archive I could find (I'll dig out which one it is/was). Th update didn't fix anything for me either.

I think I may just give up on this one ... too many great aircraft to fly that don't have issues (and not enough time!) winkyy.gif

Not all of us have (or indeed want to have) things like Panel Studio. Surely the best people to do all this are AFG?

Just re-reading - I sound rude ... I don't mean to be!

--------------------

+Quote Post
-gokanru-
post Oct 29 2008,8:48 PM
Post #11

Guests

The AFG b300 is an FS9 aircraft.When first loaded into FS9 it uses the default King Air 350 gauges for it's 2D panel,this is in the readme which AFG put out,also there was/is a whole lot more reading in the document folder.An update for this aircraft was put out so that the aircraft could be ported over to FSX.Afg at the time they did this aircraft were only doing aircraft for FS9,as none of the members had FSX,so,they were not able to test any work for FSX.The update addressed a lot of issues for the 2D cockpit in FSX.As regards the prop textures,I must admit that I never took a lot of notice of them,but on having a second look i have the same problem as everyone else.Looking out the 2D window through the prop things look like they should but outside the aircraft I get the same blue disk with the same results.I also tried to change props,and went from black to invisible,no luck for me.this is the only problem that I have with this aircraft in FSX,so I am more than happy to fly it.I posted some screen shots to show my 2d Panel to which I added a fuel computer and push back Gauge.From what I understand,AFG do not offer support for the FSX version.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 6:54 AM