> Catalogue of FSX Library objects., A very handy reference for scenery design
Timmo
post Nov 9 2007,11:07 AM
Post #1

NZFF Pro
Group Icon

Group: Mods
Member No.: 217

FSX comes with many 3D models that are used to make the default scenery- These models are available to be placed in other locations around the world by using the 'Object Placer Tool' avaliable with the SDK (Youll need to have the Deluxe version of FSX)

Using default library objects is a great way of updating the default scenery to something more realistic: It doesnt require too much work and the resultant files are very small which makes sharing them easy.

A catalog of all the FSX library objects can be found here http://lc0277.nerim.net/sceneobjects/

Cheers
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Njbb1995
post Oct 25 2008,4:07 PM
Post #2

Need more ammo!!!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 889

Just a question, Would anybody like to tell me how to use the object placer tool?

Thanks
Nick

--------------------

+Quote Post
creator2003
post Oct 26 2008,10:45 AM
Post #3

Mad Simmer
Group Icon

Group: Designers
Member No.: 539

Once you install the sdk packets and updates right through to acceration sdk you will have a SDK manual to checkout and if that doesnt make much sence we can go through it with you on TS sometime ...

--------------------

+Quote Post
toprob
post Oct 26 2008,11:15 AM
Post #4

NZFF Pro
Group Icon

Group: Mods
Member No.: 30

QUOTE (njbb1995 @ Oct 25 2008, 05:07 PM) *
Just a question, Would anybody like to tell me how to use the object placer tool?

Thanks
Nick

One of the best references for OPT, as far as actually navigating around it and adding objects, is here, the second link in particular. Although these tutorials are designed for mission building, there is a lot of useful stuff to place scenery.

+Quote Post
CoochB
post Feb 12 2009,9:28 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,395

Can some one help me? I have tried many times to activate the SDK Objects Placement tool but have thus far failed.

I have checked the dll.xml file and it seems correct however in saying that I have found 2 different versions of the launch add on. Tried them both still nothing, I have discounted one version because I lost the add on part of the menu bar when I tried it

I am running Vista if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the link to the objects directory, hope I can soon use it

+Quote Post
Christian
post Feb 12 2009,12:03 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (CoochB @ Feb 16 2009, 09:28 PM) *
Can some one help me? I have tried many times to activate the SDK Objects Placement tool but have thus far failed.

I have checked the dll.xml file and it seems correct however in saying that I have found 2 different versions of the launch add on. Tried them both still nothing, I have discounted one version because I lost the add on part of the menu bar when I tried it

I am running Vista if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the link to the objects directory, hope I can soon use it

There's a tutorial on how to install the SDK here:
http://www.simpilotnet.com/index.php?optio...3&Itemid=32

The most common problem is either a wrong path or the wrong version. If you install the Connect SDK (as shown in the video) you get a debug window which helps you track down what's wrong.

Christian

Great link, thanks Timmo!

--------------------
Breathtakingly gorgeous FS landscapes for New Zealand.
Visit Sim Pilot Experience now:
http://www.simpilotexperience.com
Follow me on twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/ChristianStock

+Quote Post
creator2003
post Feb 12 2009,12:21 PM
Post #7

Mad Simmer
Group Icon

The most common problem is either a wrong path

I do this nearly every time i set it up,, make sure in your ddl the path is set to the sdk or it will never show or work"<Path>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>"...

--------------------

+Quote Post
CoochB
post Feb 20 2009,9:38 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (creator2003 @ Feb 12 2009, 01:21 PM) *
I do this nearly every time i set it up,, make sure in your ddl the path is set to the sdk or it will never show or work"<Path>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>"...

I have tried this but no sucess, think I might tried uninstalling the SDK and re installing?

+Quote Post
creator2003
post Feb 20 2009,9:48 AM
Post #9

Mad Simmer
Group Icon

Ok well im reinstalling now again myself so ill tell you the process i go through later ,what im doing is a full sdk /sp1/sp2accelerationX install and FSX sp1 sp2 and accelerationX so i should have a full run down and text entrys ...

--------------------

+Quote Post
creator2003
post Feb 20 2009,12:12 PM
Post #10

Mad Simmer
Group Icon

So since my last post ive fully install FSX and sdks plus sp1 sp2 and accelerationX plus sdk etc

so the tools didnt work three times for me and it was due to ddl file and what i wrote each time so here is the ddl file that works for me with all installs of X and sdk found in the C:/drive though ive done this in other drives before and it works sweet ..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
<Path>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
<Path>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

hope this helps some more, just check over the entry's in the ddl i had to three times and still got it wrong until i found what was missing in the text ..

--------------------

+Quote Post
CoochB
post Feb 20 2009,2:36 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (creator2003 @ Feb 20 2009, 01:12 PM) *
So since my last post ive fully install FSX and sdks plus sp1 sp2 and accelerationX plus sdk etc

so the tools didnt work three times for me and it was due to ddl file and what i wrote each time so here is the ddl file that works for me with all installs of X and sdk found in the C:/drive though ive done this in other drives before and it works sweet ..

[/color]

hope this helps some more, just check over the entry's in the ddl i had to three times and still got it wrong until i found what was missing in the text ..

I have checked the dll line by line and can find no difference between yours and mine although I have an additional addon for some aircraft downloads however even by taking this additional addon out I still cannot find the tools. Am I looking in the right place? The tutorial I have read indicates it shuld be on the Menu Bar. Could it be anywhere else bearing in mind my computer litaracy is quite low.

Huge thanks to you for taking the time to help, I really appreciate it

+Quote Post
creator2003
post Feb 20 2009,2:54 PM
Post #12

Mad Simmer
Group Icon

Ah ok yeah it should come up on the menu above the in game screen like this

the only time ive had problems with activating the sdk tools is when ive put the wrong text inthe ddl or another things on that ddl like fsrecorder is pointing to the wrong ddl file ..
could be you where looking for the tools in the wrong menu ? or the sdk object ddl path is wrong it could be in a different drive ?
though im sure you know what your doing so ill stop guessing
im stumped at the moment to why this is not working for you ,me i just reinstall it all over and over till ive got it ,but yours still to me is a path or text entry problem and not fsx itself ..

just to go right back to the beginning a little, you have deluxe version ? and have install the sdk pack from DVD disc 1 / do you have accelerationX addon pack ? and did you update the sdk with SDK sp1 and then the acceleration SDK update ?if not did you update it to SDKsp2 ?

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 6:45 AM